1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Celebrity Golf question ...

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Rhody31, Jul 25, 2011.

1. playthrough

playthrough Moderator Staff Member

One of the all-time great stories. His 20-year-long payoff from that ace is just now running out, but he's plenty secure on the PGA Tour, having won last year.

2. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

No they don't. Unlike the NCAA, golf organizations zealously guard amateur status.

3. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

At least three of them have had a cup of coffee: Rhoden, John Brodie and Ralph Terry. And Brodie won a Champions Tour event in the early years.

4. Rhody31

Rhody31 Well-Known Member

Schmidt finished plus 12 (72-76-71-219) and was tied for 24th; he was third in the seniors.
    He's playing in the RI Open - a mini pro tourney - August 9-10 and the state Mid-Am in September.
    He's one of the better guys I've dealt with in RIGA stuff; some of the guys forget my name after one day. Schmidt saw me today and said "Hey Rhody, how you doing today." We'll see how good his memory is at the Mid-Am.

5. TwoGloves

TwoGloves Well-Known Member

Well, then a lot of the amateurs I've been covering for 20-plus years are apparently liars. Although why they'd lie is beyond me. And I guess my eyes deceived me when I saw them getting envelopes with cash in them.

Draft saved Draft deleted