1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Celebrity Death Running Thread.

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Boom_70, Jul 1, 2009.

1. spnited

spnited Active Member

Cady will be a mere 94 in September.

Vigoda looked like he was 80 when he was 60

2. BNWriter

BNWriter Active Member

Wikipedia says Cady was born in 1915. He is still with us.

3. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

and a graduate of Stanford so he has a brain. Who knew, who knew.

4. Drip

Drip Active Member

I had no idea she died. RIP.

5. BNWriter

BNWriter Active Member

Just heard that song again for first time in years *today* as I was leaving lunch. Had no idea she had died. RIP

6. Double J

Double J Active Member

Not sure if any other actor can match this, but he played the same character simultaneously on three different shows. Sam Drucker was a regular character on Petticoat Junction and Green Acres, of course, but he was also featured in a number of Beverly Hillbillies episodes in around 1968-69.

7. Boom_70

Couldn't you say that about everyone from those shows.They all played the same characters.

8. Double J

Double J Active Member

Many of them guested back and forth on the shows on which they did not regularly appear. Cady, meanwhile, was a regular on two of the shows and could be said to have been a semi-regular on the third for a couple of years.

9. 21

21 Well-Known Member

I have this weird channel that plays 'Love American Style' reruns constantly....talk about guesting over and over. Joanne Worley and Soupy Sales were in 90% of the episodes. Eeesh.

Nehru jackets, go-go boots, separate beds for couples on TV...you could never produce such a sexist show today, but in its day--free love! Flower power!--it was so progressive.

10. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

Yeah, nothing says cutting-edge romance like Joanne Worley and Soupy Sales. Happy Days actually got its start via Love American Style

11. Boom_70

Nothing says Love American Style like Stuart Margolian

12. 21

21 Well-Known Member

Seriously, how did you know that name? As I was writing my earlier post about this, I was thinking, who the hell is that smarmy creepy guy who was always leering at some bimbo's cleavage?? No idea he had a name.

Draft saved Draft deleted