1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Celebrity Apprentice

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by printdust, Mar 7, 2011.

1. printdust

printdust New Member

Surprised no one is watching this...too many good shows on Sunday.

Richard Hatch from Survivor I is on this. He barely escaped being fired last night. David Cassidy got it, but it seemed really clear that everyone, especially Jose Canseco, was out to get Hatch. He's not liked - at all. He was a guru in Survivor I - might have been the core reason for its long-running success. But he's out of his league on this one. He's a celebrity gone bad - prison sentence for tax evasion - against real celebrities with enormous egos. I don't see him lasting long. But then, I didn't see him lasting long when he pranced his gay @ss naked on the beaches of Borneo and acted like the Godfather....but he not only won the game, he MADE the game. So I'm hesitant in declaring him dead in this game. He's not to be underestimated.

2. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

This looks like Celebrity Rehab: Where are they Now?

3. printdust

printdust New Member

Gary Busey, for example: When I saw him I said to my wife, "he would never work for Trump without a pre-employment drug screening, which he would fail miserably."

4. blacktitleist

blacktitleist Member

This cast is an absolute train wreck. I watched last night for reasons still unknown, but it was mildly entertaining.

As much as I hate to say it, John Rich is the smartest person in that room and is my pick to win this year.

Keith Partridge came off as a big wuss, which is why he isn't around any more.

I didn't recognize a lot of the other folks. "Celebrity". ha.

But God bless Gary Busey.

5. printdust

printdust New Member

Partridge came across as the playground parasite who stirs up shit and then goes to the big bully and hugs him like a teddy bear with whispers of "help me, o great one."

6. MTM

MTM Well-Known Member

Hatch will hang around for awhile because he makes for good TV. Trump's early firings for the celebrity edition are always based more on casting and fame than who screwed up.

I was laughing at Cassidy for bragging about his daughter, who I didn't know was an actress until Sunday night. Is she well known?

Everytime they showed Cassidy, I wondered when he turned into Teller, from Penn and Teller. He looked just like him.

And which team has had more plastic surgery, the men or women?

7. Huggy

Huggy Well-Known Member

Opener was pretty entertaining, sometimes those two hours can be tough to get through.

Yeah, I had no idea Cassidy's daughter was on TV either. the shot of his cigar smoldering outside the back door was foreshadowing at its finest.

I'd never heard of Niki Taylor (she's no Carol Alt, that's for sure) or NeNe Leakes and all I knew about Lisa Rinna (other than being the owner of a horrific lip job) was she was naked in Playboy a couple of years ago. I'm not sure she isn't assuming the Annie Duke role here to Star Jones's Joan Rovers. Maybe I'm way off here, I don't know.

The Playboy chick, Hope Dworaczyk, will be the first woman to go. Never fails. Dionne Warwick ain't long for the game either, I suspect.

As for the men, Busey is certifiable. Can't wait to see him as a project manager. Agree with blacktitleist, Jon Rich looked good in the opener and I bet Lil Jon and Meat Loaf both emerge as contenders. Music types have done well in the past, they are really creative and used to being in charge. I suspect Canseco's stay here will rival his major league pitching career.

8. Seahawk

Seahawk Member

Every time LaToya Jackson spoke, it made me think of Amy Poehler's impersonation of Michael Jackson on Saturday Night Live.

Huggy, I agree with most of your points. The one thing I'd say is that Annie Duke at least was a strong player in the game. She was just annoying and butted heads with Rivers. Rinna was more bratty than anything.

9. Huggy

Huggy Well-Known Member

As soon as I saw LaToya I knew who was keeping MJ's old plastic surgeons in business. Rinna may not be in Annie Duke's league as a player but I think she will be around for a while on the distaff side.

10. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

Is the show an hour or two hours?

If every show is an hour, I'd be more willing to give it a try. Then, with a DVR, I can watch it in about 30 minutes.

Two hours? NFW.

11. txsportsscribe

txsportsscribe Active Member

ok, lil jon appears to have some entrepreneurial bones previously to apprentice but how in the heck can anyone think meat loaf has even a clue?

12. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

While I am not a Star Jones fan on any level, she has the potential to do very well. I'm guessing there aren't too many in this group with a law degree.

Draft saved Draft deleted