1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Celebrity Apprentice - any watchers?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by ScribePharisee, May 4, 2009.

1. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

I didn't watch, but I'm assuming Rivers won just because no one has heard of Annie Duke.

2. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

Exactly. I love how people try to break this show down and find reasons why someone did or didn't win. As if any of that matters. The winner was determined long, long ago.

3. ScribePharisee

ScribePharisee New Member

Reasons why Rivers won.

The AIDS charity was more politically correct than refugee assistance...

Everyone knows the motive of business isn't making money (Rivers made $100,000 and change in the final compared to the gambler's $400,000). Right.

On television, political correctness trumps business principles every time.

Rivers would have been fired from any job for harrassment and ethical concerns. But that too doesn't matter in TV land.

4. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

Then again, Piers Morgan won last year just by raising a shitload more $$$ than Trace Adkins.

5. ScribePharisee

ScribePharisee New Member

But that wasn't about AIDS, was it?

6. TwoGloves

TwoGloves Well-Known Member

Rivers is such a hypocrite. She says repeatedly how much she hates Annie Duke, compares her to Hitler, says her friends are in the mafia and then gives her a big hug when she wins. What a joke.

7. spup1122

spup1122 New Member

Did anyone else notice that he announced the winner, then got out? Normally, there's some hoopla after he announces the winner. I feel like maybe he didn't want backlash from the crowd who probably watched the entire season and knew Annie should have been the winner all along, and probably should have been competing against Brandy instead of Joan.

8. bagelchick

bagelchick Active Member

I hate these reality shows that last forever and they announce the winner with 30 seconds to go and then there's no time left for audience reaction. I would've liked to have seen how the other contestant reacted following the announcement.

9. MTM

MTM Well-Known Member

Totally agree.
    They couldn't have carved out some time in the three-hour finale for reaction?
    They could have done away with the interview with George or the stupid Jim Kramer analysis.

10. jps

jps Active Member

frankly, I thought james should have been in the final and won. dude didn't bring in the cash, but he did everything else no one else could/wanted to do.

11. BYH

BYH Active Member

You turn everything into a reason to rail against the gays and the immigrants and the Democrats, don't you?

Don't like how America is right now? that's unpatriotic. Move. Isn't that what you guys told us the last eight years?

12. MTM

MTM Well-Known Member

Well done anyalsis of final episode.

http://www.realityblurred.com/realitytv/archives/the_celebrity_apprentice_2/2009_May_11_joan_rivers_wins

"It’s probably impossible to analyze this completely objectively, since I’ve been an Annie Duke fan despite her impossibly annoying and constant self-aggrandizement, but I think even Joan Rivers fans would admit that Joan’s win seemed like an obvious, predictable outcome from the very start of the three-hour finale. The episode itself seemed to argue for Joan through the editing and thus, as Trump likes to say, there didn’t seem to be much of a choice."

Draft saved Draft deleted