1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Celebrity Apprentice - any watchers?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by ScribePharisee, May 4, 2009.

1. ScribePharisee

ScribePharisee New Member

I kind of got involved watching the human breakdown that is Dennis Rodman, until he got voted off. But I may just tune in next week to watch his return along with the finish between the poker babe and Joan Rivers, who called this woman "Hitler." I think they'll beat the shit out of each other next week and in Rivers' case, being 75, that could finish that relic off.

2. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

I've caught a few minutes here and there. The whole Joan Rivers is storming off because her daughter got fired, or whatever.....bleh. Go screw!

This show pretty much stinks.

3. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

Last week's where Rivers went nuts was pretty interesting... It's only the second one I've seen this season.

Last year's celebrity apprentice was pretty good. This year's seems like more of a guilty pleasure/trainwreck.

4. spup1122

spup1122 New Member

I've enjoyed this season more than last, mainly because I hated Piers and he won.

I thought it was brutal when Piers said that Brandy wasn't smart enough to win and when Trump fired her because he didn't think she could win. She raised almost as much as Annie Duke.

5. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

Piers is the hotness. Love the accent. He's the only reason I watch America's Got Talent.

6. kokane_muthashed

kokane_muthashed Active Member

The mini-hissy fit that Rivers Jr. threw last week looked pretty good on The Soup.

7. txsportsscribe

txsportsscribe Active Member

there was nothing "mini" about that fit she threw. joan rivers should feel like a real ass after watching herself and her daughter should seek professional help and a tad of maturity.

8. GB-Hack

GB-Hack Active Member

Piers 'Moron' Morgan may have the most appropriate nickname of any media member in Britain, past, present or future.

He's a complete embarrasment.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/politics/3716151.stm

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/3713857.stm

9. MTM

MTM Well-Known Member

The show's been interesting.
    Jesse James should be in the final instead of Joan Rivers, but Rivers-Annie Duke makes a better showdown.
    Annie will kick Joan's ass, cuz she's in it to win it and Rivers just likes being on TV.

10. ArnoldBabar

ArnoldBabar Active Member

I liked the line about how she declined to do her exit interview, but her behavior in those few minutes revealed more about her than any interview ever could.

Amazing fact about this season (and the reason I refused to watch): They had the whole finished season in the can, and then NBC decided it had come up an hour short for programming on its prime time schedule. Rather than, you know, spend the money to greenlight a show that might be interesting or intelligent, they had the editors go back and pad each Apprentice episode with an extra hour of footage to make them two hours long instead of one.

And the big networks wonder why they're losing so much ground.

11. AMacIsaac

AMacIsaac Guest

It has sucked major donkey balls this season. And please, it's not like we couldn't predict the Rivers-Duke 'em-out weeks ago.

Blah.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 1, 2015
  12. bagelchick

bagelchick Active Member

I've only watched the last 2 weeks and it's been a few seasons since I tuned it. I think Joan Rivers, crazy batshit as she is and looks, is a brilliant marketer. I have no clue who Annie Duke is but her moments of self-congratulations over that jingle really turned me off. I also think Jesse James is very smart and when I checked out his website, he is involved in all kinds of stuff. Clint Black is just a little man with a big ego, and I kinda enjoyed that his jingle lost.

Next week will be interesting but god help us all, it's a THREE HOUR FINALE!

Draft saved Draft deleted