1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Celebrities you could do without

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Mizzougrad96, Oct 26, 2010.

1. Wenders

Wenders Well-Known Member

All of this. As a 20-something, I'm fairly sure that all of these MTV reality shows make those who are older look at those of us trying to be responsible and just see some stupid idiot blowing off her responsibilities to binge-drink like they do on fucking Jersey Shore.

I posted a rant after they announced the Dancing with the Stars lineup at my shock that people like The Situation and Bristol Palin and Audrina Patridge were considered "stars" for basically being total jackasses on national TV.

2. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

I've got a theory about "reality stars." When the papparazzi had too difficult of a time finding real actors, singers (you know people with talent) around L.A., they just started shooting celebutantes and friends and relatives of people with talent. The glossy mags bought the fotos and whammo - instant celebrity. Give them a show, a book deal, a clothing line...

3. cranberry

cranberry Well-Known Member

Octomom.

4. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

I don't and I'm a republican. I don't hate her. I also don't want her to run for president. If she wants to continue on Fox News, I'm fine with that.

But the media's fascination with her family is the reason why Levi Johnson has a reality show and Bristol is on DWTS. The media thinks people care and maybe they do.

5. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

Robin Williams is in a sort of Celebrity Hate Hall Of Fame because he's annoyed the ever-living fuck out of me for more than 20 years.

We get it. You're a frantic ex-cokehead with a dated sense of humor and a penchant for sappy movie bullshit.

But this is a list that needs more work. Hell, I could probably go on some Google news feed right now and pick out several.

6. BNWriter

BNWriter Active Member

I know the younger members of SportsJournalists.com will want to pummel me for this, but I have to add these two to the list: Artie Lang & Jeffrey Ross. If someone could explain their appeal, fine. But from what I have seen, I can do without them.

And while I am thinking of it, please always add Stephen Colbert and, at times, Jon Stewart.

7. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

Bono/ Barbara Streisand / Al Gore.

8. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

I 92nd the reality stars plus all the psuedo-stars, Paris Hilton, et al. Simply nauseating, people who have become self-fulfilling prophecies, get alot of attention for nothing of note, become celebrity.

9. TimmyP

TimmyP Member

I see your Lange and add everyone associated with the Howard Stern Show. I used to listen in the early 1990s and loved it. Checked it out last year on satellite and it has seemed to devolve into a 4-hour bitchfest about how no one will recognize how Stern completely changed the face of radio and media. He's making $100 million a year (or whatever) for telling everyone how great he is.

Also Brad Pitt.

10. Abe Vigoda

Come on already!

11. Oggiedoggie

Oggiedoggie Well-Known Member

Save room on the bus for anyone who appears on any sort of "Dancing with the Stars"-type show.

12. Limbaugh. Nancy Grace. Dick Cheney. Any Tea Party member. All the Palins.

Draft saved Draft deleted