1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Celebrities that you like

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Mizzougrad96, Oct 21, 2009.

1. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

We always rip the celebrities that we hate on here, I thought it would be interesting to see which celebrities the people on here think are cool, either as actors/singers/directors and/or as people too...

Just curious what people think...

2. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

I'm sure I'll think of more later, but one off the top of my head is George Clooney.

I dismissed him as just another pretty face and rolled my eyes when he went after the paparazzi when he first came on the scene, but he's made some very good and important films over the years. Seems like a good guy, too.

3. Mizzougrad96

A couple of these I've had the pleasure to meet...

Jimmy Kimmel - Met him when we were both doing a NFL radio show. He seemed genuinely interested in hearing dirt about the team I was covering at the time. Unbelievably nice guy.

Adam Carolla - Never met, just seems like a cool guy. His podcast is my new addiction.

Ben Affleck - Met him very briefly at a basketball game seemed very down-to-earth and friendly. A friend's wife met him at a charity function she was helping organize and said he was the only celeb there who was nice to the workers.

Matt Damon - Met him at a wedding when the only major movies he'd done were Courage Under Fire and School Ties. During the reception, I skipped out and went to the bar to check on some NBA scores and he was there watching the Celtics. This was just a few months before Good Will Hunting came out.

4. mustangj17

mustangj17 Active Member

But he's the one I dislike.

5. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

Damon would top my list.

Ba Ba Booey is another.

Good story Mizzou.

6. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

DiCaprio, Clooney, Pitt, Duchovny ...

Liam Gallagher ...

Dolly Parton ...

Ryan Reynolds ...

Jennifer Aniston ...

Ben Affleck ...

7. Mizzougrad96

I met Gary at a Mets game about a decade ago. We talked for a minute or two and he thanked me for not screaming Ba Ba Booey at him.

8. Small Town Guy

Small Town Guy Well-Known Member

Mos Def. Surprisingly friendly and outgoing.

9. KJIM

KJIM Well-Known Member

I'd like to have a chat with Ashley Judd. Seems like a nice person, is a big Peace Corps fan and, last I heard, was enrolled to get her masters in public health or administration at Harvard.

Draft saved Draft deleted