1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Cedric Benson arrested - again

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Sxysprtswrtr, Jun 7, 2008.

1. Sxysprtswrtr

Sxysprtswrtr Active Member

<a href="http://chicagosports.chicagotribune.com/sports/football/bears/chi-cedric-benson-arrested-060608,1,4499063.story">Read story here</a>

"Embattled Chicago Bears running back Cedric Benson was released from Travis County jail in Texas this morning after being arrested and charged with drunken driving overnight in downtown Austin, police said."

Just a month ago ...
    http://www.sportsjournalists.com/forum/threads/55878/

2. melock

melock Well-Known Member

What an idiot. How dumb can you be?

3. Sxysprtswrtr

Sxysprtswrtr Active Member

Please see Jones, Adam Bernard "Pacman"

4. Norman Stansfield

Norman Stansfield Active Member

And Packers fans weep.

I'm not sure what the salary-cap ramifications would be if the Bears just up and released Benson, but you've got to think that's a real possibility now.

5. zimbabwe

zimbabwe Active Member

From a strictly fanboy perspective, this is fantastic. Bears management is too dumb to release Benson for football reasons (as Triumph said to Bon Jovi, "yousuck!"). This is the perfect excuse.

Now, if Orton, Grossman, Turner and Angelo could just get arrested for brawling at a Pilates class...

6. armageddon

armageddon Active Member

The police clearly are targeting Benson. ::)

7. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Of course, the story opens with the sympathy-trolling buzzword, "embattled," which should be an absolute automatic strike on every copy desk in the nation.

Embattled my ass.

Benson, like 99.9999999+ of all the "embattled troubled athletes," brought all his troubles on himself.

8. Angola!

Angola! Guest

Fucking Midland Lee grads.

9. Especially if he violated his contract.

10. JakeandElwood

JakeandElwood Well-Known Member

Judging by Angelo's comments, I think he'll be gone pretty quickly.

11. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

All he needs now is to be caught drunk flying a plane (FWI?) and he'll have the intoxication hat trick.

12. I wouldn't trust him with my weedeater.

Draft saved Draft deleted