1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Cedar Point = Walley World?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Batman, Jun 9, 2014.

1. WolvEagle

WolvEagle Well-Known Member

A few more details: http://www.lansingstatejournal.com/article/20140610/NEWS01/306100006/13-Cedar-Point-workers-from-Michigan-arrested-fight?nclick_check=1

2. TwoGloves

TwoGloves Well-Known Member

Local middle school had their annual year-ending field trip scheduled for Cedar Point that day. And Cedar Point put the closing on its Facebook page

3. TwoGloves

TwoGloves Well-Known Member

Sidenote: Watched a bio about the making of Vacation the other day. Candy's part was added when people didn't like the ending. Chevy Chase suggested him and they offered him $500,000. Candy was hot at the time, asking for $1 million ... and got it.

4. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

If it's any reassurance, at a place like Cedar Point they do make them pass a test or two before they're allowed to press the button. An operator test for a roller coaster isn't easy.
    The hardest part about the test that just lets them check the lap bars, though, is usually knowing where all the damn fire extinguishers are.

5. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

About an hour ago, someone died after being hit by the Raptor roller coaster. Word from CP is he jumped a fence into a restricted area and was struck by the coaster. Someone claiming to be on the ride at the time posted on Twitter that someone kicked the guy in the head. Probably inadvertent, as your legs dangle as you ride.

6. Vombatus

Vombatus Well-Known Member

I imagine that hurt someone's foot.

7. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

The rider was Antonio Brown.

8. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

9. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

From looking at that ride, it seems like it would almost be difficult not to be struck by a passenger. I recently took my family to an amusement park and lost my car keys on a roller coaster. At the end of the day, they retrieved the fob in three pieces and soaking wet from a brief rainstorm, but once it was put back together, it still worked. I did not hop the fence to try to retrieve them.

Draft saved Draft deleted