1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

CBSSports Network's All-Time Tournament Bracket of Champions

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by dog eat dog world, Mar 5, 2013.

1. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

Wasn't Jabbar the Genie in Aladdin?

2. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

Nah, he's the cousin of the greatest shark you ever saw.

3. Versatile

Versatile Active Member

I can do that.

You were wrong. It's called "The Ultimate Bracket."

You were wrong. It was 1993 North Carolina. Also, 1972 UCLA, 2008 Kansas and 1955 San Francisco.

You were wrong. Bill Walton was the best player on that team. No one named Jabbar was on the 1972 UCLA team or any other UCLA men's basketball team that I know of.

You were wrong. The all-UCLA matchups ended at the Elite Eight. And "inter-" does not mean what you think it means.

You were wrong. These were picked by a computer program. There's nothing to agree with. It's not based on opinion.

You were wrong. The 1976 Indiana team was eliminated in the Sweet 16 by the 1984 Georgetown team, which lost in the Elite Eight to the 1972 UCLA team.

You were wrong. We've discussed this. Walton is younger than Alcindor, now known as Kareem Abdul-Jabbar.

4. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

5. dog eat dog world

dog eat dog world New Member

No, it wasn't really a discussion. It just caught me off guard. It just seems that Alcindor-Jabbar played a whole lot longer than Walton, injuries and all factoring in.

6. dog eat dog world

dog eat dog world New Member

To the point of the thread: Any teams overlooked other than Knight's '76 Hoosiers?

I thought the Texas Western (UTEP) team that won the title (and beat Rupp) should have gotten stronger consideration. I think they were a Sweet 16 team if I remember in this "bracket."

7. Pencil Dick

Pencil Dick Member

1974 North Carolina State Wolfpack. David Thompson & Co.

8. da man

da man Well-Known Member

Might have won two in a row if not for the pesky NCAA.

9. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Joe DiMaggio older than Babe Ruth, no??

There a link to this thing anywhere? I can't find it on the CBS Sports site.

Also, Walton was hardly ever injured in college -- I'm not sure if he ever missed a game during his three varsity seasons.

10. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

Right and Monroe married Jim Thorpe on the rebound

11. da man

da man Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  12. da man

da man Well-Known Member

And mine's a Topps card, so I win.

Draft saved Draft deleted