1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

CBSSports Network's All-Time Tournament Bracket of Champions

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by dog eat dog world, Mar 5, 2013.

1. dog eat dog world

dog eat dog world New Member

Pretty interesting. Saw it for the first time Sunday night, pitting all previous championship teams.

Final four was 72 UCLA vs. 08 Kansas and 55 San Francisco vs. ...crap, I think it was 96 Kentucky...I've drawn a blank. One of the great Loyola teams beat 94 Arkansas in the Sweet 16, and Arkansas knocked out 92 Duke in the round of 32. Jordan's UNC team and Magic's Michigan State team got knocked out early too.

72 UCLA (Jabbar and Bibby) beat 55 San Francisco (Bill Russell and K.C. Jones' squad) in the all-time title game.

UCLA had inter-school scrimmages until the Final Four, lol.

2. dog eat dog world

Woops, it was 93 UNC, not 96 Kentucky. I didn't agree with that one. 76 Indiana got knocked out by 08 Kansas in the Elite Eight too.

3. Pancamo

Pancamo Active Member

Jabbar wasn't on the '72 team. It was Walton, Bibby, Lee, Wilkes and Farmer.

4. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

LOLZ @ 08 Kansas beating 76 Indiana.

Did Twitter put this bracket together?

5. Norrin Radd

Norrin Radd New Member

Everything That Just Happened Is The Greatest/Worst Ever Incarnation Of That Particular Thing Ever Hell Yes Inarguable Among The Sane.

Who's "Jabbar"?

6. Pencil Dick

Pencil Dick Member

No one named Jabbar ever played for UCLA basketball.

Karim Abdul-Jabbar was a member of the Bruins football program.

7. dog eat dog world

Whoa, wait. Walton was older than Jabbar - eh, Lew Alcindor, no? Wasn't he on the 68 team?

8. da man

da man Well-Known Member

Plus, Lew Alcindor became Kareem Abdul-Jabbar, not Kareem Abdul Jabbar. I remember that because he was always the first name listed in the NBA Register.

9. da man

da man Well-Known Member

This isn't another one of the those Scottie Pippen deals is it?

10. Versatile

Versatile Active Member

You are wrong about everything always. Why don't you try to look something up before showing your complete idiocy for once?

11. dog eat dog world

Why don't you eat a bag of shit and try to keep attacks off threads? Just cite I was wrong, and leave it alone.

12. dog eat dog world

I mean, if someone is wrong, just say so. Shit, that's what gets even potentially interesting threads locked.

LTL: I agreed about 76 Indiana.

Draft saved Draft deleted