1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

CBSsports.com announces NFL correspondents

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by mediaguy, Jul 29, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Small Town Guy

Small Town Guy Well-Known Member

Worked with Wolfson a bit when he was Chad Hartman's producer and he was also on-air on KFAN, before Hartman was cut loose. Seemed like a good guy.

2. Small Town Guy

Guess Andy didn't get the Seattle job.

3. joe king

joe king Active Member

Is it really good? I thought these jobs were paying part-time money for a full-time commitment and they wouldn't allow you to freelance. Or am I thinking of something else?

4. Mediator

Mediator Member

Wish they paid better. This is PT at best, but it's hard to be PT when you are sitting in a hotel at training camp. I hope it takes off and CBS improves wages.

5. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

Yeah, I'm pissed I didn't know about them, especially since the guy hired in my city is pretty inexperienced.

A few people have PMd me to say it's part-time freelance pay with no benefits and they will not travel. Can anyone confirm?

6. joe king

joe king Active Member

We had a whole thread on this.

http://www.sportsjournalists.com/forum/threads/69579/

This is the same thing, right?

7. Small Town Guy

Yep, and it's a thread that could probably get some Hall of Fame consideration.

8. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

Congrats to Jeff Shain as well as Aaron Lopez. Both former co-workers and both great guys. They'll do great.

9. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

There are some good names on that list. I was expecting a bunch of kids straight out of college.

10. GB-Hack

GB-Hack Active Member

Yes, very much agreed.

11. BYH

BYH Active Member

[blue]I'm sure actually landing some people with talent and experience, as opposed to just fanbois, will inspire CBS/Bleacher Report to provide better wages.[/blue]

12. joe king

joe king Active Member

That those names are there says much about the horrific state of the industry these days.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.