1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

CBSsports.com announces NFL correspondents

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by mediaguy, Jul 29, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. McPoyle

McPoyle Guest

I feel like I've gone through the looking glass.

2. SoCalDude

SoCalDude Active Member

I remember when I was 18, senior in high school, thought I knew everything.
    Then I turned 19, freshman in college, and realized I didn't know shit.
    Unfortunately, when I was 22, senior in college, I again thought I knew everything.
    When I was 23 and unemployed, I realized I didn't really know all that much.
    Then I got a full-time newspaper job and it was pounded into me that I didn't know shit. But I learned and got stronger.
    Couple decades later, went from a suburban to a metro and realized that a lot of the stuff that was acceptable at smaller suburbans doesn't cut it at major metros.
    Andy, you'll realize this someday. Remember, "live and learn." You haven't lived enough yet to have learned all that much.
    I won't even bother lecturing you on how uncool it is to be a drunken pothead at 18.

3. GB-Hack

GB-Hack Active Member

Is your name Alice? :D

4. 21

21 Well-Known Member

Just clicked on that myspace picture...and for a weird minute, I thought this was the Steve Phillips thread.

5. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Which is compounded by posting message board on a Saturday night instead of being out with friends.

6. MartinEnigmatica

MartinEnigmatica Active Member

So, so solid.

7. BYH

BYH Active Member

Andy Auger was good at first, but then he went too far.

8. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Used to be - maybe a year ago - a newbie would come on here and actually try and contribute something to the board a few times before going goon. I'm seeing way too much time wasted on three digit posters.

9. Andy Auger

Andy Auger New Member

Which would be compounded by the empty half gallon of Skyy we drained sitting on my table!

My favorite sport is Beer Pong, I love it, you can't lose at that game!!

10. Andy Auger

Andy Auger New Member

They all know how we do on the weekends!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.