1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

CBS will go all Augusta v. McCord if anybody says ANYTHING 'bout Tiger.

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Evil ... Thy name is Orville Redenbacher!!, Dec 15, 2009.

1. Can't say I'm surpised.
    Ian Baker Finch tells a Down Under newspaper he will be fired by CBS if he says word-1 about Tiger and his off-the-course troubles.

http://www.smh.com.au/sport/golf/bakerfinch-gagged-about-commentating-on-tiger-20091214-krxl.html

2. Simon_Cowbell

Simon_Cowbell Active Member

Well... I would call THAT "word 1"

3. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

Excepting the concession prices,
    Augusta management sucks balls.

Discuss.

4. playthrough

playthrough Moderator Staff Member

I didn't see a connection to Augusta or the Masters.

Hate gag orders, obviously, but when you look at how some people's words have been twisted or simply made up around this story, I can almost understand it.

5. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

Once it's clearly understood that CBS is utterly held hostage by the Masters under the present arrangement, it all becomes clear.

6. playthrough

playthrough Moderator Staff Member

I think the higher-ups at Augusta National are snooty good ol' boys bordering on assholes, but it's their tournament (er, toonamint). They don't oversell on tickets, overprice the beer or clog the course with ads--or make their TV audience sit through ads. God bless 'em for all that.

And if this is a gag order, I don't think the world is being deprived. What were those guys going to say? The only person in golf broadcasting I would trust to have an original opinion and the balls to deliver it is Johnny Miller.

7. Captain_Kirk

Captain_Kirk Well-Known Member

But, once Tiger does return to the tour and begins to play the way he has previously, the boys in the booth will be fellating him better than any of his 11 and counting floozies ever did.

8. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

9. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

That list does keep growing, doesn't it?

Remember the "I am Tiger Woods" commercial? When do they remake it as, "I fucked Tiger Woods?"

10. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

The management at Augusta are probably wondering why people think Tiger did something wrong.

11. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

One of the things I love about watching golf on TV is seeing grown men having to kowtow to sponsors and golfers and other organizations for all the world to see.
    Why not just hang on to their pocket and wear lipstick and pigtails.

12. John

John Well-Known Member

The main reason I assumed Tiger would return to the tour at the Masters is because of how protected he would be there.

Think TMZ's credential request will be approved?

Draft saved Draft deleted