1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

CBS Sports Reinstates Luther Vandross’ “One Shining Moment”

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Deeper_Background, Apr 1, 2011.

1. printdust

printdust New Member

Bull shit. They had all kinds of shots fired at them for the self-indulgent Hudson video that was pure shit. I liked Hudson until that video. Now I can't stand the sight of her, and the sad thing is, it probably wasn't her original idea to be the vocalist. She went for the money.

2. Deeper_Background

Deeper_Background Active Member

It was the insertion of Hudson into the video that a lot of people couldn't stand, its supposed to be all about the keeds (as Roy Williams would say) and fans.

3. Lugnuts

Lugnuts Well-Known Member

Poor Luther probably wouldn't want himself reinstated. He's up there thinking, "This?! This is what I'm remembered for?"

4. playthrough

playthrough Moderator Staff Member

Really effing late and it's all old highlights. Agreed.

5. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

One of the rare times I like an announcer hyping something out of proportion is when Nantz lets us know "One Shining Moment" is coming after the next break ... enough time to change channels!

6. Brian

Brian Well-Known Member

I recently admitted in the newsroom that I have never stayed up to watch 'One Shining Moment.' You'd have thought I admitted to kidnapping the Lindburgh baby.

The horn blows, I watch the celebration for about one minute, and then I go to bed. Monday night championship games blow.

7. Agreed. Wasn't a big fan to begin with, but her Bleeding Gums Murphy-like rendition took it over the top for me.

8. printdust

printdust New Member

It was all about Jennifer Hudson's shining moment, again and again and again.

9. Deeper_Background

Deeper_Background Active Member

Agreed there. start the things at 7:47 eastern time

10. CarlSpackler

CarlSpackler Active Member

Uh, you do work in newspapers, right? This "going to bed" thing seems like a very curious idea.

11. CarltonBanks

CarltonBanks New Member

Wake me up when NBC gets the NBA back and we can hear the sweet sounds of John Tesh again.

12. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Maybe we need an all-star version of Luther Vandross backed by John Tesh with Morris Albert and Bobby Goldsboro singing harmony.

Draft saved Draft deleted