1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

CBS is bringing back Star Trek on the small screen.

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Neutral Corner, Nov 2, 2015.

1. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

2. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

I heard about this. What jumped out to me was the plan to show the first episode on CBS, then release the rest of the series through an online subscription service.

3. WriteThinking

WriteThinking Well-Known Member

I guess I'm going to have to get into streaming.

There are very few shows that, so far, would ever be likely to make me do that.

Probably only one, actually. Yeah, wouldn't you know it?...

4. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

I would guess this means the Star Trek stable of shows will be going poof from Netflix very soon.

5. outofplace

I'm surprised it hasn't done so already. I've been watching DS9 lately. Guess I should hurry up if I want to get through the entire run. (Not sure if I do. I liked the later seasons, but now I had forgotten how uneven the series was early on.)

I wonder if that would also mean pulling Next Generation reruns from BBC America.

6. Starman

Since BBC-A insists for some inexplicable reason to keep cycling through the shittastic Seasons 1-3 of TNG, I don't care if they do.

7. outofplace

Well, they do run the entire series. They also run it a lot. There goes a big chunk of programming. I can't remember if it was BBC America or Syfy that used to run DS9 a few years back, but I don't think it airs anywhere for free any more.

8. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

I would love it if they highlighted the Earth-Romulan war. DS9 was strongest when the Federation and Klingons went to war with the Cardassians and Dominion in a very WWII themed run. If they can draw parallels to World War I or maybe Korea, it could get really interesting with the quagmire of a stalemate and shifty alliances. They can also set up the Federation-Klingon war to follow. Not sure how the streaming will work. Would this be on CBS' website or will they go through Hulu, Netflix or Amazon Prime? I really don't want to have to subscribe to Hulu for this.

9. Starman

It seems the 12-2 daytime time slot has rotated constantly through the first three shitty seasons of TNG for most of this year. The weekend/ nighttime slots have featured the superior later seasons.

10. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

"Jill and Jessa"?

11. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

The number of Doctor Who marathons is about to increase 1,400 percent.

12. Riptide

Riptide Well-Known Member

It would also be cool if the Federation went to war with the Kardashians.

Last edited: Nov 2, 2015
Draft saved Draft deleted