1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

CBS Interactive: Production Editor - Ft. Lauderdale

Discussion in 'Journalism Jobs' started by GApplegate, Dec 5, 2011.

1. SF_Express

SF_Express Active Member

I can only think of one truly profound and appropriate thing to say: Whatever.

Aside from all that, it's a good job for the right person, even when they're deducting an hour from your vacation time for going to the doctor, and since sportsforlife is "sure that CBS is a fine company," well, what more could you want?

2. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

Last time I went to the doctor it took THREE hours. I'd lose damn near half a day.

3. blacktitleist

blacktitleist Member

I'm currently one of the contract guys at CBS. I have nothing but glowing things to say about the outfit and the people who are running the show.

It's been a top-notch experience for me and I certainly hope it can lead to more.

Good people. They do what they say they will do, you get paid when you are supposed to get paid.

No complaints with the way I've been treated whatsoever. They make me want to work harder and do better.

That's how much I've enjoyed being a part of the CBS team the last few months.

4. Johnny Dangerously

Johnny Dangerously Well-Known Member

Not only that, but you will not find lower bottled-water and soft-drink prices in any break room anywhere.

5. playthrough

playthrough Moderator Staff Member

I don't work at CBS but my office is similarly enriched with water and soft drinks and it probably saves my Diet Coke-choked self at least $300 a year. Very good perk.

6. Raiders

Raiders Guest

I like the way Moddy handled that. Two thumbs up.

7. lantaur

lantaur Well-Known Member

Well, I used to work at CBSSports.com (then SportsLine.com) and have nothing but the highest praise for people like Mark Swanson and Craig Stanke, not to mention others I know who work there. I enjoyed my time there, did not leave acrimoniously and would have no problem working there again.

8. Mira

Mira Member

I would like to chime in 100 percent agreement with what blacktitleist said. He's spot-on with his assessment.

9. Mark2010

Mark2010 Active Member

Just wish one didn't have to move to Florida.

10. Mira

Mira Member

This has nothing to do with the CBS listing, but I like this phrase from playthrough: Diet Coke-choked self. That really describes me, too. :)

11. KJIM

KJIM Well-Known Member

Oh, the horrors! Sunshine, Mickey Mouse and no state income tax. A Dante level, indeed. :)

12. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

No state income tax . . . but $6,000+ in property taxes and homeowners insurance (primarily windstorm).

A wonderful place if you are employed and making good money. But potential hell if that good job goes bye-bye.

Draft saved Draft deleted