1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

CBS and Super Bowl

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Tom Petty, Feb 4, 2007.

1. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

it's a football game... life goes on... sun came up the next morning for those same millions of people... am pretty sure it wasn't a life altering experience for just about all of them..

2. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

All true but it does not hide the fact that CBS fell flat on their face with their signiture event.

Perahap Sean Mcmanus is being spread to thin since he has taken over news side as well. Sunday was a black day at the black rock.

3. Clerk Typist

Clerk Typist Guest

So McManus (note spelling) is in charge of microphone batteries and towels? (And Wilcots' mic might simply have been tilted the wrong way, the receiver losing the signal.)

4. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

I read a half-dozen TV reviews, and none had anything close to that opinion.

The worst criticism came from the NY Times' Richard Sandomir, who mused why, with all the rain, there was no mud, and wondered why CBS didn't address the point. He was half-kidding.

I swear this place has the highest per-capita of bitter people in the world.

"Game SUCKED. Coaching SUCKED. Coverage SUCKED."

5. BNWriter

BNWriter Active Member

Yes....I agree. I wish Fox would dump the sound effects -- PERIOD!! I didn't watch CBS' "NFL Today" for a couple of seasons because there was canned crowd cheering in the background while the studio hosts were talking. I think that kind of thing is retarded and does not need to be done (Same could be said about sound effects for incoming/outgoing promos during games...Is that kind of crap *really* necessary??? I say NO.

6. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

you are so above any of this.

how does it feel to be a weasel?

Draft saved Draft deleted