1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

CBS and Super Bowl

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Tom Petty, Feb 4, 2007.

1. D-Backs Hack

D-Backs Hack Guest

I've never sensed that.

Lost his fastball? Absolutely.

If I were running NBC Sports, would he have been my first analyst choice? No way.

Full of himself, thinks he's bigger than the game? I don't think so.

2. I listened to it on the radio here in Europe.

They used the CBS radio broadcast.

Reminded me of the last time I remembered listening to the game in that manner, when I was 10 and living in Germany where my dad was stationed. I still remember how they described how dejected the Rams players were as they walked off the field.

3. tommyp

tommyp Member

I am with you on this one. I was trying to figure out why CBS heads would ruin a perfectly good Gumbel/Simms team. Gumbel is a much better straight man for Simms. I think Nantz overplays the pregame focus and Simms is forced to comment and stay on theme to keep Nantz on his game. And not only that, but why did Nantz' voice escalate at times where no voice escalation was necessary? Did he go to the Mike Patrick school of football broadcasting?

I think the best hire for NBC would have been Albert/Collinsworth.

4. jagtrader

jagtrader Active Member

CBS blew the final few minutes by focusing on Dungy too much. Manning was the story.

5. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

Having Chicago in there will help it. The first half was pretty competitive and the game was close. I'd guess in the 42-44 range.

6. MileHigh

Fox is next, the NBC, then CBS, etc.

7. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

Wait, your WIFE wanted YOU to buy a big-screen TV and YOU said no?????????

8. Lugnuts

Lugnuts Well-Known Member

Coming back from break, there's no excuse for having water on the outside of the lens.

When condensation builds up on the inside of the camera, you're screwed. It takes an hour and a hair dryer to make it go away.

That said, I don't know why CBS didn't have backup dry cameras (even SD) since they knew it might rain.

Of course, before the game, Simms said several times weather would not be a factor.... ;D

Pre-game show had lots of audio and switching problems that ABC did not have last year....

9. dawgpounddiehard

dawgpounddiehard Active Member

I, too, am perplexed.

10. patchs

patchs Active Member

Frank Caliendo doing Madden would be better than Madden.

11. MileHigh

Overnight ratings: 42.0 with 63 share in the 55 largest markets.

Overall last year: 42.2 with 62 share.

12. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Amazing Moddy....just amazing...
    To quote a well respected poster on here... "hey nancy, why don't you hike your skirt up just a bit more"

Draft saved Draft deleted