1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

CBS and Super Bowl

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Tom Petty, Feb 4, 2007.

1. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

They need to buy their camera ops some squeegies.

2. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

aside from the jackass simms, i've been frustrated all day by the camera work. everything seems to be shot from far away. nothing tight.

3. Mystery_Meat

Mystery_Meat Guest

Wonder why they aren't doing anything with NFL Network to provide supplimental coverage. They DO have Marv Albert doing the radio broadcast, so there's that. But you'd expect something like what ESPN did for one of the big Florida football games, where each channel gets some sort of unique coverage. Maybe a coach cam or something, I dunno.

And does Rain-X work on camera lenses?

4. KP

KP Active Member

The few ISO shots they've shown have been useless because of the rain.

5. D-Backs Hack

D-Backs Hack Guest

CBS hi-def blows. It's always had lots of pixelation in my area.

Nantz and Simms are awful.

Is there a network left that has on-air personalities that know we don't tune in to sporting events to see THEM?

NBC seems to be the only one that at least treats the events with a modicum of respect.

6. Left_Coast

Left_Coast Active Member

It's 2007. Does CBS not have any money to pay for towels to wipe off the camera lenses? It looked like something from 1977, not 2007.

7. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

How did those water drops look in HDTV?

8. Johnny Dangerously

Johnny Dangerously Well-Known Member

Someone probably thought it gave the telecast a soft-focus, artsy-fartsy look and decided to leave it as is.

9. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

Horrible - the rain is hell on HD broadcasts. I am sure CBS executives were going nuts.

10. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

My wife wanted me to break down for a big ol' TV this weekend. At some point, I guess I will.

11. Left_Coast

Left_Coast Active Member

The NFL Network replay of Super Bowl III was better than what CBS passed off tonight. Just brutal.

12. Smasher_Sloan

Smasher_Sloan Active Member

Yeah, that John Madden is so damn modest.

Draft saved Draft deleted