1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

CBI field?

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by EStreetJoe, Mar 16, 2008.

1. schiezainc

schiezainc Well-Known Member

You know, I'm sick of people bashing this tournament. I mean, come on, not every basketball team can make it to the NCAA's or NIT. At least this rewards them for something.

Now, if you'll excuse me, I have to go petition Roger Goodell for a similar format. I mean, sheesh, if this had been in the NFL this year, us fans would have been lucky enough to see the Dolphins and 49ers play one more time!

BTW, I felt that blue text for this post would have been overkill.

2. linotype

linotype Well-Known Member

3. spnited

spnited Active Member

If they're taking Cincy at 13-18 a shitload of people had to have turned them down.

4. BYH

BYH Active Member

Hey wait Hofstra still has a shot?

5. linotype

You know, as I continue my fruitless wait for the 16-team field and bracket, I'm finding humor in hitting F5 and laughing at what the Wikipedia vandals are doing to the CBI page.

The latest attack, before it gets yanked down: "The Paragraph below shows you what happens when 40 year old virgins who still live at home figure out how to use a computer. Please parents let your children out of the house more or more they will look as stupid as this:"

And just as quickly as I copied-and-pasted that, it was taken down.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/College_Basketball_Invitational

6. JBHawkEye

JBHawkEye Well-Known Member

I just got a cold shiver, because Iowa finished 13-19 and could be on this list.

That would be all I need this week.

Hey, if they're taking Cincinnati....

7. spnited

spnited Active Member

Seton Hall apparently has turned down the CBI

8. HejiraHenry

HejiraHenry Well-Known Member

Not many, for sure.

9. linotype

According to Wiki, 13 teams are in so far:

Virginia, Brown, Ohio, Utah, UNC-Wilmington, Bradley, Houston, Nevada, Washington, Richmond, Cincinnati, UTEP, and Valparaiso have already confirmed they have accepted their bids. New Mexico State turned down a CBI bid for financial reasons.

The latest add is Valpo: http://blogs.post-trib.com/lazerus/2008/03/valpo-is-in-the-cbi.html

Way to run a tournament, guys. Let each individual school announce whether it is in or out, instead of, y'know, releasing a bracket. This thing may not survive its first round of games.

10. spnited

spnited Active Member

Anybody wanna bet they announce the cancelation of this thing tomorrow?

11. zebracoy

zebracoy Guest

They announced it in November. If all these teams are in, it will be played.

The Gazelle Group runs the best pre-season tournaments, in my opinion. They'll do this right even after the rocky start.

12. BYH

BYH Active Member

I have decided you are right, SP. This thing's a joke. Let's hope for a cancellation.

Draft saved Draft deleted