1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

CBI field?

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by EStreetJoe, Mar 16, 2008.

1. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Is the NIT field out?

Since the NCAA owns the NIT, I suspect the NCAA quietly but firmly informed everyone that nobody would be accepting a CBI bid over an NIT invite.

I suspect also most schools will be telling the CBI where it can stick its entry fee.

2. Yes, NIT field was out a few hours ago. The selection show was a 9 eastern, and the bracket was e-mailed out prior to that.

3. Giggity

Giggity Member

Is there a more loathsome phrase in sports than "NIT bubble"?

4. Gutter

Gutter Well-Known Member

Yes: http://grfx.cstv.com/photos/schools/nit/sports/m-nit/auto_pdf/031608-bracket.pdf

5. EStreetJoe

EStreetJoe Well-Known Member

The team I'm waiting on is a 23-win team that was its league co-champion, but lost in the tournament final, with an NBA draft prospect on the roster.

6. Please direct all media inquiries, interview requests or other questions about the College Basketball Invitational to:

Dan Loney, Gazelle Group
    dloney@gazellegroup.com
    609-921-1300

7. BYH

BYH Active Member

not sure, but there may not be a newer phrase than that.

and the CBI isn't a horrible idea, as long as it's a mid-major thing that doesn't cost $60K to join. You can't expect the Mizzous of the world to give a shit.

8. spnited

spnited Active Member

Yup, that's the one I meant

9. spnited

spnited Active Member

Sorry, BYH, the CBI IS a horrible idea.

10. EStreetJoe

EStreetJoe Well-Known Member

Our writer is with the coach of the team I'm waiting on. We tried calling Loney an hour and a half ago and he said something to the effect of the committee being behind closed doors.

11. D-3 Fan

D-3 Fan Well-Known Member

Let's see...

Teams in the NCAA tournament: 65

Teams in the NIT: 32

Teams in the CBI: 16

Add them together, that's 113 teams in a post-season tournament. So I don't know what the fuck these coaches are whining about! The NCAA owns all three of them and they don't need to expand the NCAA tourney because 113 of them are playing extra games.

12. Gutter

Gutter Well-Known Member

Overhead by someone listening outside the room:

"Anyone have the phone number for the NJIT coach?"

Draft saved Draft deleted