1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

CBI field?

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by EStreetJoe, Mar 16, 2008.

1. EStreetJoe

EStreetJoe Well-Known Member

Any word on what time they'll announce the 16-team CBI field so we'll know who's playing for the right to say "We're No. 98"
    http://www.gazellegroup.com/cbi/index_main.htm

2. Clever username

Clever username Active Member

Why don't you put it together?

3. EStreetJoe

Because I'm not in a position to do that. Just waiting to see if one of my teams that missed the NIT makes it or not.

4. John

John Well-Known Member

The first round starts Tuesday, so I imagine they will announce tonight -- assuming they can get 16 teams to play. I read somewhere that teams have to pay like $60K to host.

5. Clever username

Wait, are we talking about the real one or the SportsJournalists.com one?

6. forever_town

forever_town Well-Known Member

The real one.

7. BYH

BYH Active Member

now who the fuck would want to do THAT?

Hey! We're in the Las Vegas Bowl of college basketball tournaments! Let's pay $60K to host a single game!

PS: Clever, the real one. Now apologize to EStreet.

8. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

I think he's talking about the real one. Perhaps we should do a CBI. Hmm. ...

9. EStreetJoe

Not apologizing. I'm on desk tonight. One of my teams was on the NIT bubble and missed. Now I'm waiting for our writer to file a story that will either be a year-ender or them making the tournament. First deadline is rapidly approaching and the writer can't file until he knows which way to go with the story.

10. BYH

BYH Active Member

no no no I'm not saying you need to apologize. I'm saying clever needs to apologize for telling you to do it yourself (he thought it was the SJ CBI).

I'm a dick, but not that much of a dick.

11. Clever username

I was thrown by the thread's placement on the Anything Goes board.

12. EStreetJoe

My bad. I should have put it on the Sports & News board or the Journalism Topics board.

Draft saved Draft deleted