1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Cavs lose by 55; LeBron tweets "karma is a b****..."

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Point of Order, Jan 12, 2011.

1. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

Nobody knew about Alexandra Stevenson and Dr. J until he was retired.

The SI "Where's Daddy?" that had the unfamous picture of Bird's daughter was after he retired.

Nobody cared about Jordan's gambling allegations. People just cared that he wasn't playing basketball.

Nobody cared that Magic Johnson got Paul Westhead fired.

LeBron has gone from the most popular player in the league to the most hated. And that's happened basically because people have realized that he's a dick.

2. Brian

Brian Well-Known Member

When did LeBron change his name to Karma?

3. Den1983

Den1983 Active Member

I never saw LeBron as likeable. He was always a kid. He's so naiive, it's disturbing. He sincerely believes the way he went about The Decision was fine. I don't think he's a bad person. I don't think he's a dick. He's just incredibly clueless.

4. @ Mizzou,

I give you Dr. J and Larry, I agree with that

Michael? nobody cared about the gambling, but the perception that he wasn't a winner caused him a lot of criticism in the late 80's.

But Magic? People absolutely cared. His public reputation took a big hit when Westphal was fired, right or wrong.

Whether dude is likeable or not is one thing. He's made a lot of public mistakes, the biggest in my eyes being the people he's surrounded himself with. But his reputation, unlike Tiger, isn't past the point of no return. If he just shuts up, plays ball and stays away from stupid tweets, he could regain his popularity in no time.

5. I meant Paul Westhead

6. nmmetsfan

nmmetsfan Active Member

We'll see how big a bitch when the Heat lose in the second round of the playoffs

7. You think?

IDK, the Heat are playing better than any team in the league right now.

Only team complete enough to beat them in the East is Boston, and the way things are going, Miami will get the first seed and homecourt throughout the East.

If that happens, they aren't losing in the second round

8. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Assume the worst of everybody, you'll usually be right.

9. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

Maybe he turned when he tanked in the playoffs last year and failed to bring his talents to the scheduled games. What Scotty did for 5 seconds, L'Bron did for about 2 games.
    For all the advantages he's had over the past 7 years, being clueless is being a dick. He chose not be formally educated but he doesn't have to choose to be ignorant and lack any semblance of introspection.

10. Captain_Kirk

Captain_Kirk Well-Known Member

Yes, yes, yes and yes. And no one really even knew about Jordan and gambling. That was all swept nicely under the rug at the time.

11. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

Here's what I do if I'm Dan Gilbert.

Next home game against the Heat, have two huge banners hanging from the rafters draped in cloth. Take the mic at midcourt before tipoff and announce that the franchise is looking at the future from this day forward. And it will also honor its past my recognizing two important players in franchise history by retiring their numbers. First banner is revealed with the No. 11 for Big Z. Huge cheers. Everyone knows what is coming next. They reveal the second banner to show . . . the No. 13 for Delonte West.

Sure they might get blown out by 90, but it will be worth it.

12. NoOneLikesUs

NoOneLikesUs Active Member

Meh. I'd rather he just order one of those scrubs to take out his legs on a dunk attempt.

Draft saved Draft deleted