1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Cavs lose by 55; LeBron tweets "karma is a b****..."

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Point of Order, Jan 12, 2011.

1. Sea Bass

Sea Bass Well-Known Member

What reputation did Owens have to destroy?

2. Piotr Rasputin

Piotr Rasputin New Member

What a shock, coming from one of the board's leading jock-sniffers.

3. Small Town Guy

Small Town Guy Well-Known Member

Give LeBron credit for somehow ably mixing blasphemy, piety and douchery in 140 characters.

4. @ Piotr,

I'm so hurt by your comment I think I'm gonna go somewhere and cry....lol

5. Small Town Guy

But you're an average Joe. With LeBron it comes off more like if Jeffrey Skilling had left Enron for Apple in the spring of 2001, then tweeted "Karma is a b****, God sees everything," when the company went bankrupt.

6. Captain_Kirk

Captain_Kirk Well-Known Member

Actually, the karma's been builidng for a while one could say.

Since the 12/2 showdown between the two teams, Miami has gone 18-1, with only one win decided by fewer than 5 points.

Cleveland has gone 1-19 in the same span, with only one loss by less than 5 points.

7. @ Small Town

The Gilbert letter was completely uncalled for. It would be completely different if Bron had tweeted had Gilbert not shot his mouth off. But he did, and now Bron's fired back. Every action has an equal and opposite reaction. It wasn't an unprovoked tweet

8. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

Not completely defending Gilbert's letter, but it was an immediate reaction to something that had just happened.

LeBron's tweet, whether it was only meant for Gilbert or not, shit on his former team and his former teammates, not to mention his hometown. I'm sure he enjoys kicking the Cavs while they're down.

9. I can understand that, and I see that side.

Im just saying that Gilbert's kind of brought this tweet upon himself, and I definitely think the tweet was worded strongly enough so that everyone knows that bron's talking strictly at Gilbert.

That being said, dude should shut up and take the high road. He left Cleveland. It's over. Taking little pot shots only keeps shit going.

10. Small Town Guy

The god part is the best. So God is making Dan Gilbert suffer because he spited His second son?

11. Yeah I agree with that,

Athletes just need to leave God out of their comments

12. Idaho

Idaho Active Member

bwaahahahaha

Draft saved Draft deleted