1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Cavs lose by 55; LeBron tweets "karma is a b****..."

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Point of Order, Jan 12, 2011.

1. Point of Order

Point of Order Active Member

Karma's a bitch, but won't schadenfreude bring bad karma?

http://www.wtsp.com/sports/story.aspx?storyid=167963&catid=4

2. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

Good to see he's taken the high road. I think he's passed Tiger Woods as my least favorite athlete.

I'm sure he'll lose plenty of sleep over that. :D

3. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

I'm going to tweet him back and ask if his momma was consoling the Cavs after loss.

4. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

Dumbass doesn't even know what karma is.

Karma is when someone does something bad to you, and then something bad happens to them.

So what, exactly, did the Cavs do to LeBron? He decided to leave. Fine. But then he rub their faces in it with his stupid show, and then gets upset because the fans and the owner call him out on his crappy behavior, now they're the bad guys?

5. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

I don't know if I've ever seen an athlete destroy his reputation without an arrest/sex scandal like LeBron has.

6. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

He's talking about the Dan Gilbert letter.

7. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

It's definitely not classy, but I don't have a huge problem with it. I think back upon the year or two after I've left jobs.

If Twitter existed when I left my last shop, I'm sure I would've had some fun with the fact that they suffered some misfortunes after I left.

8. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

And what caused the Dan Gilbert letter?

9. jlee

jlee Well-Known Member

TO?

10. Bob Cook

Bob Cook Active Member

The way the Cavs have played since LeBron took his talents to South Beach makes you wonder why he didn't demand to leave sooner.

11. Obviously, LeBron pulled the Karma card because he said the organization wished bad things upon him with his exit.

And I agree with him. Nothing should've caused the Dan Gilbert letter. The dude left. He was an unrestricted free agent. It was his call, and while he did it the wrong way, the Gilbert letter was completely uncalled for.

Thus, the tweet. The Gilbert letter said that nothing good would happen to LeBron since he left. Well, LeBron has taken complete notice of the Cavs.

No problem with the tweet at all.

12. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

LeBron has announced this morning that he didn't know the meaning of the word "karma".

Draft saved Draft deleted