1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Caution: Attention Whoring in Progress

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by outofplace, Nov 25, 2009.

1. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Go ahead. If you want to call me a self-indulgent attention whore for starting a thread about my 20,000th post on SportsJournalists.com, I certainly can't argue with you.

That is actually kind of funny since I'm not sure if reaching 20,000 posts is something to brag about. It does make me wonder if I am spending too much time on here. I'm sure a few of you would tell me that I am. :)

I looked at the list of posters with more than me, all 16 of them, earlier today. Most of them seem like good people to me, so I guess this ain't all bad.

I got the worst career-related news of my life on this very website. In fact, that's how I first came here. A colleague of mine read it and introduced me to SportsJournalists.com. That may be why I was even more abrasive than normal when I first became a member. Or maybe I'm just a jerk. Perhaps a bit of both?

I just wanted to take a moment to say thanks to everybody who makes this board enjoyable. At its best, this place makes me laugh and think. It helps to keep me informed and sometimes even touches my heart. At its worst, it is still entertaining in a train-wreck sense of the word. Not a bad way to spend way too much time.

The best I can offer in return is a quote from M*A*S*H that never fails to make me smile. "Ladies and gentlemen, take my advice. Pull down your pants and slide on the ice."

Given how many times I've shown my ass around here, it seems appropriate.

Oh yeah. I almost forgot.

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  2. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

Attention whore.

(And the Steelers suck. And glad to know you.)

3. spnited

spnited Active Member

And to think, of those 20,000 only 15,000 are about the Steelers.
    Is there a cap on the number of posts you can expend in a month?

Actually, it takes a special kind of SJ addicted degenerate to hit 20K. That's why I'm past 25K.

4. JR

JR Active Member

Speaking of milestones, there are now 10,079 members on sj. Shouldn't Webby or Moddy send a gift certificate to the 10,000th member?

5. outofplace

Unpossible. That would leave only 5,000 posts for salary cap arguments and I know there were more than that. :)

6. spnited

spnited Active Member

I think they should send gift cards ($100 would be nice) to anyone with more than 20,000 posts

7. spnited

spnited Active Member

Hahahahaha!
    My original post was "the other 5,000 went to salary cap arguments," then I changed it before I hit send. ;D

8. outofplace

Ha! Take away those two topics and Geek threads and I'd probably still be a newbie.

9. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

Wow a contrite outofplace and a smiley face from spnited all on one thread. Nice work.

Congrats on 20

10. spnited

spnited Active Member

C'mon, Boom. This is a kinder, gentler SJ.

Even you and I have stopped sniping.

11. forever_town

forever_town Active Member

Congrats, OOP!

12. mustangj17

mustangj17 Active Member

If there were no Office Thread and Michigan hadn't lost to Appalachian State I would have 12 posts.

Draft saved Draft deleted