1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

'cause there's nothing funnier than a fake bomb threat....

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by JR, Sep 21, 2007.

1. JR

JR Well-Known Member

http://www.thestar.com/News/article/259095

And this is an MIT student....wow.....how fucking dumb can you get?

An MIT student with a fake bomb strapped to her chest was arrested at gunpoint today at Logan International Airport and later claimed it was artwork, officials said.

Star Simpson, 19, had a computer circuit board and wiring in plain view over a black hooded sweat shirt she was wearing, said State Police Maj. Scott Pare, the commanding officer at the airport.

and

Simpson was “extremely lucky she followed the instructions or deadly force would have been used,” Pare said. “She’s lucky to be in a cell as opposed to the morgue.”

Gobsmacked.

2. Oggiedoggie

Oggiedoggie Well-Known Member

Admit it, you just don't understand Art.

3. D.Sanchez

D.Sanchez Member

Now THAT is a college student who deserves to be tased.

4. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Only in Boston

5. JR

JR Well-Known Member

In this case she'd be LUCKY if she was only tased.

6. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Good coverage of this on BoingBoing...

http://www.boingboing.net/2007/09/21/mit-student-arrested.html

7. Ashy Larry

Ashy Larry Active Member

I was at MIT yesterday and saw this girl and her stupid t-shirt........that place is full of weirdos

8. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

And if they had shot her, the outcry about over-zealous cops and/or airport security would be drowning out the Jena 6 busybodies.

9. JR

JR Well-Known Member

Uh, Hondo, I don't think so.

Busybodies?

Is that what you called those involved in the Selma to Montgomery civil rights march?

Were you all for "states rights"?

10. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

Though I don't think it would drown out what's going on in Jena, there absolutely would have been holy hell to pay if they had shot and killed this idiot. And yes, the little MIT brainiac bitch is a fucking idiot of the highest order. Artwork my fucking ass. Talking about an attention whore.

Throw the fucking book at her and anybody who helped her with her "artwork".

11. JR

JR Well-Known Member

QB, I'm not sure. I mean if anyone "deserved" it, she's a prime candidate.

And I'm usually on the other side of this argument.

I mean, it's idiotic beyond belief. It's as if she just landed from another planet.

12. Oggiedoggie

Oggiedoggie Well-Known Member

Remember, this is the same city where a couple of rasta heads with LightBrights brought traffic to a standstill while the cops figured out what they were.

Draft saved Draft deleted