1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Caught my eye while the board was down

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by TheHacker, Aug 25, 2006.

1. Flying Headbutt

Flying Headbutt Moderator Staff Member

Perhaps the family of JR House can intervene?

2. shotglass

shotglass Guest

The PIAA's been on my shit list since the day the state hoops championships were farmed out to the Bryce Jordan Center.

3. Gold

Gold Active Member

If my daughter is a talented musician, and the school where we live has weak program for music (and there are a lot of schools that don't really give a damn), why shouldn't I try to get her in a better situation?

Some rules need to be required so people don't transfer every month, but I don't think school administrators should have complete control.

4. boots

boots New Member

Yes, the PIAA sucks and what comes out isn't what you think it should be.

5. GravyTrain

GravyTrain Guest

So when is it OK to move your kid to a better athletic program. What if in seventh grade it's pretty obvious your kid is going to be about pretty damn tall - like 6-6? Should you be able to move your kid to one of the powerhouse basketball districts from a podunk country school if you so choose? Is it OK in eighth grade? Fourth grade?

I understand where school switching shouldn't be commonplace in counties or even states. But if the family is willing to move out of state to improve an athletic situation, more power to 'em.

Draft saved Draft deleted