1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Cats that look like Hitler

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by OnTheRiver, Jul 17, 2006.

1. OnTheRiver

OnTheRiver Active Member

Saw this in my Entertainment Weekly today.

http://www.catsthatlooklikehitler.com

It's official: The Internet's got it all covered now.

2. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

I guess "Bulldogs that look like Winston Churchill" couldn't get enough bandwidth.

3. Cadet

Cadet Guest

OK, it's crazy that I come home and see this thread...

*** warning, threadjack coming ***

My cat, Phillip, will be put to sleep tomorrow night following kidney failure. He had a little Hitler 'stache.

[​IMG]

My ex got custody of the cat when we split. When I moved out, Phillip was 22 pounds of pure kitty love. He stopped eating when I left, I thought for emotional reasons. I assumed that when I didn't hear anything from the ex after a few weeks, Phillip was fine.

But he wasn't. He pretty much stopped eating and, after six months, dwindled to 9 pounds. The ex, who never took good care of the kitty, finally took him to the vet a few weeks ago. Obviously, it wasn't good.

[​IMG]

My fucking ex waited until the cat had lost more than half his body weight before taking him in. The ex didn't want to deal with the hassle/expense of a vet trip.

The moral of this story: if you have pets, take care of them. Don't ignore changes in behavior, diet, etc. If you know someone who doesn't take care of their pet, intervene. They deserve better.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

RIP Phillip

4. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

My cat is 13 years old and still very healthy. She's always been skinny as hell and we weighed her a couple weeks ago.

Seven pounds.

My cat weighs two pounds less than your dying cat.

5. Cadet

Cadet Guest

Well, back when I would take him to the vet, I was told his ideal weight was 16 pounds. He was a big kitty to begin with.

6. Chuck~Taylor

Chuck~Taylor Active Member

[​IMG]

Fire Millen.....please

7. westcoastvol

westcoastvol Active Member

Spittake.

8. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Our dog has that look...

[​IMG]

9. Sporting the 'stache is one thing, but the fact that he's giving the fascist salute is a little disturbing... ;)

10. spaceman

spaceman Active Member

Cadet, your ex should be arrested for that shit.

11. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Actually, she's pushing the camera lens away

12. Hustle

Hustle Guest

After Cadet's sad tale, I feel bad speaking ill of my wife's cat. But that doesn't change the fact that the cat still drives me fucking batty. So, I give you Grace the cat...
    [​IMG]
    Don't let the innocent look fool you.

Draft saved Draft deleted