1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

cat's sick

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by EStreetJoe, Apr 29, 2008.

1. EStreetJoe

EStreetJoe Well-Known Member

My cat's sick. The little guy has some kind of infection that's given him litter box aversion, diarreah/very loose unshaped shit when he does poop and an hour, maybe an hour and a half ago he pissed in our bed soaking straight the comforter, sheets, mattress pad, straight through to the mattress.
    Wife's pregnant so I get the joy of cleaning the shit from the carpeting, blotting the urine from the mattress (also trying water & vinegar, baking soda, soap) and putting the sheets and mattress pad in the washing machine. The cleaner opens in an hour and that's where I'll take the queen-sized comforter for cleaning.
    Took the little guy to the vet yesterday. He was running a small fever (1.5-2 degrees higher than his temps at his check-ups), bloodwork came back fine, the x-rays were clear, awaiting the results of the urine test. He got a penicillin shot and a steroid shot at the vet. Today we get the joy of starting to give him the antibiotic pills.
    Just wish he'd start using the litter box again. Don't know if moving it to a new location would help as each time I've gently picked him up and placed him down in it (attempting to get him to use it again) he just runs right out of it. I'll have to ask the vet if I should try moving the litter box to a new location temporarily until he gets better to see if that will encourage him to use it.

2. Chef

Chef Active Member

End well, this won't.

3. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

Just follow the vet's instructions and give your cat some time to feel better. Eventually, he'll come back to the litter box.

Draft saved Draft deleted