1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Cats or dogs?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by budcrew08, May 18, 2008.

1. JC

JC Well-Known Member

I'm not putting down cats. All I'm saying is if I had a choice I would take a dog. I love kittens, cats not so much. To each their own

2. Flash

Flash Guest

Those of you think dogs love unconditionally are a little misled. Dogs treat some people differently ... they recognize their master and pack, however, and love them ... but not unconditionally. A dog's trust, appreciation and love must be earned just like any creature.

Dogs are just a little more effusive in their appreciation.

3. Flash

Flash Guest

Your misogyny is so noted.

4. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

Big dogs know I'm scared of them. Animals, cats and dogs, are far more intuitive than we give them credit for. A cat knows you don't like him, and treats you accordingly. My mother's cat will come sit on the lap of cat haters, knowing that they can't do anything about it because they're at my mother's house. One of mine hides, the other glares from across the room.

5. Flash

Flash Guest

Exactly. Cats somehow sense I'm allergic to them and force their existence on me. I won't pretend to understand it. It's some kind of evil chip in their neural system, I think.

There are dogs for which I don't have much time, too. It's usually the idiot ones who won't stop jumping and barking and yapping.

6. Frank_Ridgeway

Frank_Ridgeway Well-Known Member

Rather than choosing just one, I prefer the mixed grill of cats, dogs, rabbits and baby lambs.

7. KABOBS!

8. Flash

Flash Guest

Ummmmm ... lamb chops ... yummy.

9. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

Korean BBQ? :D

If I had to pick one or the other, it would be a cat, preferably neutered. Don't really like dogs (little dogs annoy me and an encounter with a German shepherd when I was little left me with a distinct dislike of large dogs).

10. pallister

pallister Guest

I had a German Shepherd bite a chunk of my lip off when I was a kid.

11. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

Took a chunk out of my forehead, supposedly, and bit the head off the soldier in my toy Army jeep. I don't remember it, but my family apparently remembers it vividly. But I was 2, and I suspect my subconscious blocks it out. still avoid large dogs like the plague, though.

12. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Draft saved Draft deleted