1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Cats and dogs or.... good heavens, what have I done!?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Rosie, Nov 9, 2008.

1. Rosie

Rosie Active Member

I'm a dog person. I've never denied this, always taken pride in this.

I've had cats in the past, because the places I lived back in the dark ages didn't allow dogs and a single lifestyle where I was never home due to working two jobs didn't really lend itself to having a dog anyway.

It's been more than 10 years since I've had a cat in my house.

Till tonight.

To make a long story short, Rosebud caught me in a weak moment where I agreed to her bringing home a kitten from her aunt's place.

That black furball came home tonight.

It's cuter than heck, but my poor dog doesn't know what to think. After nearly three hours, she's finally settled down - mainly because Furball is sleeping in Rosebud's room.

To make matters worse, I have two relatives who are very allergic to cats. I don't know that they'll ever be able to come to my house again.

I hate to think what this house is going to look like Tuesday, the first day the two will be home by themselves for an entire day.

2. Gutter

Gutter Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  3. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

The dog, rightly, will establish that it's his place and no one takes over its place. :)

4. Gutter

Gutter Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

5. playthrough

playthrough Moderator Staff Member

Don't underestimate the relatives' allergies. My cat allergy is out of control and has cut short a few family visits over the years.

6. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

7. luckyducky

luckyducky Guest

Depends on the animals. My cat runs the roost when he goes to my folks' house, where there's an adult dog. They get along fine, but the dog knows his place. ;)

8. Rosie

Rosie Active Member

I am completely and totally open to suggestions to keep the cat dander down to a minimum. I already told Rosebud that the cat will either go downstairs or out to the barn for a month before our annual Super Bowl party.

9. Rosie

Rosie Active Member

Well, the Furball has taken a liking to me. She's been by my side for almost two hours, following me everywhere.

Right now she is curled up in my lap while my dog is laying on the floor a little ways away, giving me the poor, pathetic, why did you abandon me? look.

The Furball, of course, is purring.

10. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

And the cat will laugh....

11. Wenders

Wenders Well-Known Member

HAHAHAHAHAHA. That so did NOT happen in my house. The wizened old dog (my dog), despite outweighing this cat by about 80 pounds, will not go near this cat. If the cat's in a bad mood, she's been known to be stealth sleeping and when anything moves near her, she reacts by clawing it (I swear, I have permanent scarring). The dog my parents brought home in October didn't learn quickly enough to stay away from the cat (I think Sassy, the older dog, thought it would be humorous to let her learn it by herself while she watched) and the cat one night got tired of the puppy's overexhuberence and clawed when my parents weren't looking.

Unfortunately, the cat rules the house and she knows it.

12. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

[​IMG]

Draft saved Draft deleted