1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Catholic League Seeks Apology From Miller Brewing

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by BNWriter, Oct 9, 2007.

1. BNWriter

BNWriter Active Member

Saw last night where the Catholic League is looking for an apology from the organizers of this San Francisco event for the promotional poster.

Details here: http://www.todaystmj4.com/news/local/10090141.html

2. ArnoldBabar

ArnoldBabar Active Member

Well, they'll have to get their apology from MillerCoors now.

3. Pastor

Pastor Active Member

The Catholic League can go fuck themselves.

4. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

The Catholic League sure seems eager to get people and groups to apologize to them, but I'm still waiting for their apology for defending priests that molested kids for years.
    And I am a Catholic.

5. mpcincal

mpcincal Well-Known Member

Oh, we got an apology from Cardinal Mahony in L.A. ... Oh, wait a minute, I think it was just an acknowledgement that he had sinned. And he really didn't say what those sins were. Oh yeah, and he reminded all of us that we're sinners, too.

And I'm a Catholic, too. Well, raised a Catholic, anyway.

6. This is Crazy Bill Donohue's crowd, right?
    Pretty long drop from Teilhard to that sweaty closet case.

7. BYH

BYH Active Member

I'm awaiting an apology from Miller Brewing, too, for all their crappy beer.

8. Claws for Concern

Claws for Concern Active Member

Miller: It's Coors' fault.

9. Pete Incaviglia

Pete Incaviglia Active Member

Are we sure that's a knock off of the Last Supper or just a bunch of people clad in leather debating amongst themselves whether it tastes great or is less filling?

10. Perry White

Perry White Active Member

UPDATE: They got their apology
    http://www.jsonline.com/story/index.aspx?id=680037

Here's a good picture of the poster, BTW: http://www.folsomstreetfair.com/images/fsf_posters/FSF2007_poster_print_ns_800px.jpg

"We deeply regret that we did not adhere to our own policies with regard to the Folsom Street Fair," said Nehl Horton, Miller senior vice president, in a statement. "We apologize to everyone we offended as a result. We hope people will forgive us for this serious error and have confidence we will not repeat it."

The New York-based Catholic League rejected the apology and called for a continued boycott of Miller products. The league says the entire Folsom Street Fair is anti-Catholic and wants Miller to not sponsor future fairs.

11. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

I'm sorry when you ask for an apology, get it, then reject it, that is a total bullshit move. The Catholic League is the biggest joke there is. I always wondered whatever became of The Church Lady. Isn't there something about "bearing false witness" in the Bible? I don't drink Miller or Coors or whatever the hell they're brewing these days, but I might buy a six-pack tonight.

12. Lamar Mundane

Lamar Mundane Member

I bet those nuns in California who are losing their homes b/c the Catholic bad boys are having a fire sale to raise money for touching boys want an apology, or at least a place to continue practicing their faith and mission.

Donahue is a douche. If I were a Catholic official I might want to drink a steaming cup of STFU and lay low a while. Nobody is attacking the church. Not one church has been closed or freedom of religion suppressed in this country by left-wingers, hippies or secular hooligans.

People have been killed at abortion clinics by the right to lifers! so STFU and stop coddling child molestors you bastards!

Draft saved Draft deleted