1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Catch and Release: Stay far away

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by dooley_womack1, Jan 28, 2007.

1. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

That'd be Missouri. But, sad to say, not enough highlights the past 30 years to produce a reel. But the grille thing is still in play.

2. westcoastvol

westcoastvol Active Member

Okay, well in that case, how about just watching footage of Brad Smith in high school off of rivals.com?

3. terrier

terrier Well-Known Member

Kev's in the movie because he lit the fire under the career of JG's spousal unit.
    Maybe they should've made TO the villain - he had a fun time playing one in "The Girl Next Door."

4. novelist_wannabe

novelist_wannabe Well-Known Member

I happily let my wife go see this one by herself. She happily went. I stayed home and read.

5. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

It's probably the first time I haven't wanted to see a movie with Kevin Smith in it...

Maybe if Jason Mewes was in it too...

Snoogins...

6. mediaguy

mediaguy Well-Known Member

Jennifer Garner, while unbelievably hot, does not screen her movies well. Can't remember a movie she's been in that I've been impressed with -- can Pearl Harbor possibly count? Kevin Smith is taking the paycheck to fund his next real project. This is good advice to pass along though, much like "Don't eat paint."

7. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

You should have gone to see 'Volver.'

8. Freelance Hack

Freelance Hack Active Member

9. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

You couldn't pay me to see this movie, even with Kevin Smith in it. He was in 'Vulgar,' and I'm still angry that movie ever got made, let alone that I watched it.
    'Volver' was very good.
    'Notes on a Scandal' just opened in town.
    I missed 'Curse of the Gold Flower.' I'll have to wait for the DVD release.
    The numbskull theater company didn't send 'Pan's Labrynth' here.

10. Idaho

Idaho Active Member

It's got the Ben Afleck kiss of death -- even if he wasn't directly involved in the movie.

11. Editude

Editude Active Member

Cuteness (Garner, Dunst) struggles to become sexiness on the big screen. There has to be some edge to be appealing.

12. BYH

BYH Active Member

Perfectly put.

She's a girl next door type who was marketed as the buxom kickass successor to Lara Croft. Uhh, no.

Marrying the useless Affleck was the cherry on top of what was her career.

Draft saved Draft deleted