1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Catch and Release: Stay far away

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by dooley_womack1, Jan 28, 2007.

1. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

Since I don't like splatter movies and have no desire to see Dreamgirls or the museum movie, got stuck with going to this one last night. What a stinker. A romantic comedy without believable plot or emotions, the true nice guy in the film gets fucked over constantly, and the real slime gets the girl in the end (insert Boots joke here).

Jennifer Garner just shouldn't do this genre again. About all she was able to muster is fretful. And unless a gauzy shot of a leggy her in a nightshirt trips your trigger, there's not even any gratuitous T and A to compel a viewing. And as an actor, Kevin Smith is a fine director. Waaay too much screen time. They tried to make him like, I dunno, Jack Black doing The Tao of Steve or something. The awful dialogue he was given didn't help, but he just doesn't have the acting chops for this kind of role.

Other than all that....peachy.

2. Msaint

Msaint Member

Sounds like it would have been best for all involved if Tim Olyphant suddenly broke into his Bullock character and took 'em all out with a six-shooter.

3. Lugnuts

Lugnuts Well-Known Member

I heard it was really bad, dools. ;D

When the local station reviewer guy says it's the worst of the year-- and this guy loves everything-- you know it's a stinker.

With all the good Oscar stuff out, I can't believe you didn't want to see any of that! Why wouldn't you want to see Dreamgirls?

4. donnie23

donnie23 Member

It'd at least be enough to make me stop and think about it ...

5. EStreetJoe

EStreetJoe Well-Known Member

and I thought this was going to be about fishing :D

6. Rufino

Rufino Active Member

When a movie is released in January, that's generally a bad sign. After the holidays is a slow time at theaters, so it's understood in Hollywood this is a dumping ground for stuff that didn't turn out well. Couple that with this movie's release having already been delayed multiple times, and I'd have been stunned if it hadn't sucked.

7. spaceman

spaceman Active Member

i thought it was going to be about fishing, too.

8. joe

joe Active Member

Smallmouth bass in a little Ozark stream.

9. Killick

Killick Well-Known Member

or the sequel to "A River Runs Through It," in which Brad Pitt comes back from the dead.

10. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

Well, damn, you should have warned me. :-\ And in the burg where I live, it's not like there are a hundred screens of availability. As for Dreamgirls, call it the Chicago effect: I saw the highly hyped Chicago film. Craptacular (despite the vehement protests here to the contrary). Other than Grease, movie musicals generally disappoint.

11. westcoastvol

westcoastvol Active Member

Did your sig other drag you to this one?

You better make make sure Ms. Dools goes ATM for you, or at least lets you fuck her while watching a highlight video of the '80 UGA football season.

12. shotglass

shotglass Guest

I liked Jennifer Garner on TV. Always did. Yet, for some reason I can't quite put my finger on, she's one of the unsexiest sexy girls I've ever seen.

Draft saved Draft deleted