1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Cat Owners

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Flying Headbutt, Nov 24, 2009.

1. farmerjerome

farmerjerome Active Member

I'm love my cat almost more than I love my husband and honestly I have no problem with declawing. We have one that is declaweed and one that isn't. It kind of works out, since the one that isn't is half the size as the one that is, so there is no worry of injury.

However, the one that isn't declawed is my baby. She follows me everywhere and sleeps with me at night. She only scratches three places in the house; the cat post, carpet by the door and a spot of carpet on the stairs.

She's getting declawed. To me a one-time shot is much less traumatic for her than having Dr. J or I holding her down once a month and clipping her nails. I can't remember the older one having any complications. He phantom claws on the hampers every once in a while, been an outside cat on a farm and never had any problems.

2. Point of Order

Point of Order Active Member

Is declawing any worse than spaying/neutering? Both things are for the convenience of humans and, I'm sure, not very pleasant for the pet.

3. Sleeper

Sleeper Member

I'm sure neither procedure is pleasant. However one is done to keep the cat population from spiraling out of control and prevent massive amounts of cats from being put to death. The other procedure is done to protect your La-Z Boy.

4. I have stock in the scratching post company. THEY DON'T WORK. Well, check that, yes, the cat scratches the post--and EVERYTHING ELSE. And mittons? For a cat? What's next? Special food for cats? A special box with a gravel-like substance in it for them to poop and pee in? C'mon.
    I'll refer to my previous top-of-the-food-chain comment for your reference.

5. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Get a fish.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  6. RedSmithClone

RedSmithClone Active Member

DO NOT DECLAW!

Draft saved Draft deleted