1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Cat and Dog fight on the view....

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by slappy4428, May 23, 2007.

1. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

I'm sure this means Barbara will have to show up on Tuesday to explain what happened...

I'm sure she'll assure everyone that it was a mutual decision and that everybody still loves Rose, blah, blah, blah...

It will be interesting to see if they can find another co-host who can make the news with the regularity that Rosie did...

2. steveu

steveu Well-Known Member

Time to target Joy Behar next. :)

3. JR

JR Well-Known Member

Just watched it for the first time.

This is network programming?

It was like watching a couple of airhead sorority chicks arguing politics after about five beers.

We should invite them to join SportsJournalists.com. They'd be right at home.

That was embarrassing.

4. steveu

steveu Well-Known Member

JR, I think I might take your idea to one of the networks. You'll get proper credit, of course. :)

5. D-3 Fan

D-3 Fan Well-Known Member

JB, as citizens of a state that will be holding the first caucus (unless someone steps in and pushes us out of the way), Birdscribe and you hit this one out of the park. 

What the fuck happened to civility and discussing topics with common sense and intelligence?  It doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out that my generation has no fucking clue about how to discuss and argue effectively, opting to scream our fucking heads off. 

Why don't my generation have a clue?  Blame Crossfire, Grace, Coulter, Franken, Rosie, and any other fucking entertainer who think they are pseudo-experts on something they never gave a shit about, but will use it to get their 15 minutes of fame. 

I don't have a problem with Rosie expressing her opinion, but as mentioned earlier in this thread, it's how she is doing it:  reckless, rude, and downright irresponsible.  Her behavior exemplifies exactly why it's so hard for me to appreciate what Paul Newman does when he's away from the camera, the late Ozzie Davis and Ruby Dee's work, and others who are consistent and do it the right way.  This generation of entertainers will never understand the time, sweat, and sacrifice it takes to work on a cause or speak on an issue that is important, not to get on Access Hollywood, but what is really important to them.  Spouting out about the flavor of the month is hollow and holds no credence. 

I also don't have a problem with Hasselbeck's op/ed either.  At least she makes it known where she stands, which isn't popular anyway. 

We have spent four pages talking about this and no one has taken Joy Behar to task for her shit at all.  Anytime I catch the show, she is usually the shit-starter and the lead-off man for Rosie's diatribe.  When she told Hasselback basically "shut up, you had your say yesterday" it clearly shows that she is a fucking blowhard, only that Rosie takes the cake. 

Barbara Walters should do everyone a favor and pull the plug on the show.  For good.  For the love of God, end this fucking show now. 

6. D-3 Fan

Bullshit, she knows she's a Republican.  She doesn't know how to tailor and hone her opinons yet.  She'll never be Ann Coulter, but she is easy on the eyes.  And fuck that "naive" crap too.  She didn't go to Chestnut Hill to be cute. 

Bostonbred, why talk about something we already knew?  Nice job Newbie.  Keep up with the program.  Slappy wants his donuts. ;)

Talk about GOP shrills, it should not be a surprise that most professional athletes become Republican when it comes to their bank accounts.  Ask their wives (or girlfriends, booty calls, one night stand away from home....).

7. shotglass

shotglass Guest

Have said that about the state of debate on this message board for some time now.

8. Double J

Double J Active Member

You were cruising along until you jumped from Barbara Walters to "her stellar reputation." Who are you talking about there?

9. D-3 Fan

Ignore that, Double J, that was a "delusional" faux pas on my part. 

Sentence fixed.  :)

Shottie, I know we have discussed this at length, so I'm d_b'ing. I'm only speaking for the younger readers and posters on this board. The veterans are well-versed in this. I had to get it off of my chest personally. Consider that my Gen-X PMS moment.

10. Having lived through that nasty closet case Terry Dolan's NCPAC campaigns of the late 1970's, and then through Newtie's list of pejoratives approach, I'm fairly sure I know where all the cable nets got their ideas.

11. Guy_Incognito

Guy_Incognito Well-Known Member

Help me out folk, does anyone dispute this?

Naive = doesn't agree with me yet.

Draft saved Draft deleted