1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Cat and Dog fight on the view....

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by slappy4428, May 23, 2007.

1. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Rosie's going out with a bang...

Elisabeth Hasselbeck, Rosie O'Donnell square off on 'The View'
    BY: Actress Archives | Wednesday, May 23, 2007

Rosie O'Donnell seems to have a hard time making friends, and an even harder time keeping them. Rosie O'Donnell has picked a fight with several high-profile celebrities, including her famed name-calling spat with Donald Trump. For her most recent war of words, Rosie O'Donnell has chosen to take on her View co-host, Elisabeth Hasselbeck, during a heated exchange on Tuesday morning's show.

Rosie O'Donnell engaged the pregnant Elisabeth Hasselbeck on Tuesday's instalment of The View, which the topic of Iraq was raised. Joy Behar brought up a list of reasons why George Bush should be removed from office, and as Elisabeth Hasselbeck began interrupting the list, Joy Behar shot back, "I listened to you yesterday," before asking Hasselbeck to not interrupt anymore. As the list wrapped up, Elisabeth Hasselbeck used the phrase, "the enemy is in Iraq," according to Access Hollywood.

Rosie O'Donnell the jumped into the fray as she pointed out, "You just said our enemy is in Iraq . . . Did Iraq attack us?" Elisabeth Hasselbeck cleared up her point of view to say she was referring to Al Qaeda. As the heated exchange went on, The View producers split the screen with one side focusing on Elisabeth Hasselbeck and the other zoomed in on Rosie O'Donnell. Elisabeth Hasselbeck, who is married to New York Giants back-up quarterback Tim Hasselbeck and is the sister-in-law of Seattle Seahawks quarterback Matt Hasselbeck, used a football analogy to explain her point of view. "If you're playing a game and I say I'm throwing to my receiver wide right, okay what does that do for your enemy Rosie?" Rosie shot back, "Well Elisabeth, if the enemy are innocent civilians, I don't want to play that kind of football."

Things quickly devolved on the set of The View, with Joy Behar trying to calm both ladies down to no avail. At one point, guest panelist Sherri Shepherd tried to go to commercial, though Rosie O'Donnell cut her off as she said, "No, no, no we're not because we have a lot more time." While Rosie promised not to engage in any more arguments, Access Hollywood quoted the on-going fight as she said, "That’s why I'm not going to fight with you anymore because it’s absurd, so for three weeks you can say all the Republican crap you want," as Rosie O'Donnell will be leaving The View in June. Elisabeth Hasselbeck fired back with a direct blow that drew gasps from the audience. "It’s much easier to fight someone like Donald Trump because he is obnoxious."

The name-calling followed shortly thereafter, as Rosie O'Donnell shouted out, "I asked you if you believe what the Republican pundits were saying. You said nothing and that was cowardly." Elisabeth Hasselbeck wasn't about to roll over on that comment, as Access Hollywood quoted her as saying, "Don’t call me a coward. I sit here every day and open my heart and tell people exactly what I believe . . . It was not cowardly. It was honest . . . asking a rhetorical question? That is cowardly. I need a drink of water, let’s go to commercial." With that, The View cut to commercial and the sparring was put on hold. It seemed like the argument would never end, especially when Sherri Shepherd told Elisabeth Hasselbeck to calm down for the sake of her unborn child, to which Elisabeth replied, "The baby's FINE," according to TMZ.

2. John

John Well-Known Member

I think I just lost a little respect for you.

3. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Was on CNN Headline News just now, says Slappy, wondering what exactly you bought when you drove 50 miles to go to Publix today

4. John

John Well-Known Member

Shopping at Publix wasn't the reason for my trip, just an added bonus.

5. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Would it make you feel better that I've moved from an always healthy Ross O'Donnell bashing to Goodfellas on FX?

6. John

John Well-Known Member

Certainly, though all the edits for language make it almost unwatchable.

7. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Ross or Goodfellas?

8. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

The truest thing ever said on that show.

9. John

John Well-Known Member

Take your pick.

10. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

The clip they used showed a very intense Hasselbeck... She was one angry person... Ross is proving to be like... well, stoob

11. Smallpotatoes

Smallpotatoes Well-Known Member

Well, one of them went to BC and the other one went to BU. I can see why there was a problem.

12. suburbanite

suburbanite Active Member

Not even weighing in on this current argument, my biggest problem with O'Donnell is that for the first umpteen years of her career she didn't say squat about the issues. Now it's all she ever does, which means it's more of a career move for her rather than having the courage of her convictions.

Draft saved Draft deleted