1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Castro dead?

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by cougargirl, Aug 24, 2007.

1. EmbassyRow

EmbassyRow Active Member

This would be the perfect thread to include Eddie Izzard's bit on Englebert Humperdinck and his rumored death. However, I can't very well act it out through text...

2. forever_town

forever_town Well-Known Member

I just like the fact that Perez Hilton wrote "Muerto" on the pic of Fidel.

At least he used the correct word in Spanish.

3. three_bags_full

three_bags_full Well-Known Member

If he's not dead, it won't be long.

4. The Commish

The Commish Guest

The American government has been erronously reporting (and rooting and sometimes trying to help along) Castro's death for 40 or so years. Its track record in this area isn't exactly the greatest.

5. Smallpotatoes

Smallpotatoes Well-Known Member

Sooner or later, they'll be right.

6. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

All evidence to the contrary, but your point does stand.

7. Colton

Colton Active Member

Don't RIP... if it's actually true this time.

8. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

that was humorous. i was talking with an SportsJournalists.commer a month or so ago on the phone and he went on about SportsJournalists.commers' need to hand out RIPs like gum.

i wouldn't be surprised if castro received several.

9. Mystery_Meat

Mystery_Meat Guest

I never got that whole "RIP" thing IRL anyway. If you believe in the afterlife, he's wherever he is. If you don't believe in the afterlife, he's in the ground. In either case, he's probably not resting in peace (either living it up/getting raped in the next world or just being a corpse in a box), and even if he COULD rest in peace, what good is wishing it? I mean, other than to look reverent and thoughtful to the people around you.

Only exception:

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  10. hockeybeat

hockeybeat Guest

Folks, Ramon is just on the DL. He'll be back hitting home runs for the Mets very soon.

11. MertWindu

MertWindu Active Member

Juan, on the other hand, well...it doesn't look good. I'm not gonna lie to you. You should probably call a priest.

12. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

what if he's dug up by a band of, say, coke-filled dogs and about 20 german sheps end up raping his corpse?

Draft saved Draft deleted