1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Castro: Clinton-Obama ticket invincible

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by EStreetJoe, Aug 28, 2007.

1. Yawn

Yawn New Member

Castro also wanted Jimmy Carter re-elected so he could - I wish I could find the quote - continue to make him look stupid. As we all know with fondness, the Reagan era followed.

2. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

And Reagan didn't need any help looking stupid? Is that what you were getting at?

3. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

She won't take Obama because she's stubborn and she won't want it to look like she had to take Obama.

I wouldn't mind seeing an Obama/Clinton or even Clinton/Obama ticket, I just don't think it will happen.

4. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

Clinton/Obama I think we could see... Obama/Clinton? Never...

5. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

I don't see Hillary doing it. Probably Clark or Richardson, if I had to guess now.

Dream pick for Obama, before he sacrificed his credibility on the altar of Bush's war?

Colin Powell.

6. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

He doesn't need her.
    I can't imagine anyone that would vote for Clinton that wouldn't vote for Obama. But the reverse isn't the case.

7. Yawn

Yawn New Member

No need to answer that. You're incapable of understanding the generally held logic that Reagan was one of the nation's greatest presidents.

8. Yawn

Yawn New Member

I damn near agree with Zeke. Hell just dropped another 10 degrees after a slight warm front from, should I say, the Irish coast.

Colin Powell could tell what his position was on the management of this war and would have blown Bush away in the second term. But then, the Dems wouldn't have done something that smart by putting him up as the nominee.

9. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

He turned out to be a very successful president. Carter had a miserable presidency.

But I'll still bet that Jimmy Carter has 40-50 IQ points on ol' Ronnie on his best day.

10. Yawn

Yawn New Member

Well......

Just goes to show you that intelligence (and the ability to spell potato) doesn't make a good president (or VP). How about leadership and charisma? Reagan could have charmed the socks off of Satan. He'd have made Fenian think of himself as a Republican without even realizing what he just did to himself.

11. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

Obviously, or Stephen Hawking would be running.

12. jboy

jboy Guest

Running? That's just mean.

Draft saved Draft deleted