1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Castration is not good enough in this case

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by boots, Jul 6, 2007.

1. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

[​IMG]

2. Chuck~Taylor

Chuck~Taylor Active Member

3. markvid

markvid Guest

And this is a sports and news board, idiot.
    Not anything goes.

4. boots

boots New Member

Another chance? Look, I can forgive. I can't forget. These young men are lower than shit on a sidewalk. I can't think of anything so revolting as this shit and my mind is pretty fucked up.
    If it were you wife and son, or mother and brother, or sister and nephew or you and your mom, how in the fuck would you feel?
    Damn man, don't be an asshole all of your life.

5. markvid

markvid Guest

I think he is a walking can of gas looking for a match.

6. boots

boots New Member

You are being kind. I'd like to think he was trying to make a joke out of a very fucked up situation.

7. markvid

markvid Guest

His participation here is usually a joke.

8. Simon_Cowbell

Simon_Cowbell Active Member

Listen, fuckface.

I am no longer for the death penalty because they let these assholes off by putting them to sleep.

If there was a more torturous experience at hand, it would then be worth the endless appeals process to me. And their getting that big final dinner. And unloading their last-second manifestoes.

But now?

Life in prison is less expensive to me, and more inconvenient to such scum.

9. markvid

markvid Guest

Simon, why do you say less expensive?
    I'd think that when these guys appeal, it's public defenders that aren't hired case by case but ones on gov't payroll to begin with.
    However, there are times I agree that it's the easy way out.
    But in this case, they must suffer the most horrific death possible.

10. Jones

Jones Active Member

Mark, the death penalty is a more expensive punishment to administer than life imprisonment.

It's also been proven that the death penalty doesn't deter crime -- most criminals don't think about punishment, because they don't think they'll get caught.

And third, if you want these kids punished -- and they should be, that's some repugnant shit -- I'd imagine you'd want them to spend the rest of their lives in a cell, fearing that every group shower ends with imposed soap-dropping.

Quick death seems like an easy way out, to me.

But Yawn and the like aren't thinkers or debaters -- they fall lockstep in with every position they're supposed to take.

You take a good hard look at the death penalty, and both sides of the political spectrum should find something to revile.

11. markvid

markvid Guest

I'm just surprised it costs more.
    Learn somethin' every day.

12. Jones

Jones Active Member

Court costs, endless appeals, the execution itself, and then most of these guys spend twenty years on death row under supermaximum security anyway.

Draft saved Draft deleted