1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Castration is not good enough in this case

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by boots, Jul 6, 2007.

1. boots

boots New Member

I understand it. I'm not that upset about it. While it is sanitizing the situation, I think the editors in those areas are thinking logically. I applaud them for trying.

2. this is just sad. I lose faith in humanity every time I see something like this.

3. markvid

markvid Guest

I see your point, Boots, but these kids/monsters/scum need to be seen for the pieces of shit they are.

4. boots

boots New Member

I'm thinking more about the woman and her son. Hell can you imagine if his first sexual experience was with his mother at gunpoint with 10 fuckers laughing. That's traumatic. Can you think about what is going on in that housing project as we write this? The shame and horror that's going through there?
    I understand showing the monsters but there is something called compassion. I'm not saying that the story shouldn't be told, but I'm not too upset with them leaving it out.

5. farmerjerome

farmerjerome Active Member

I'm disgusted. The victims will be scarred for life, that's for sure.

Did any of the stories mention if the son lost his sight?

6. markvid

markvid Guest

Good point.

7. wickedwritah

wickedwritah Guest

I hope the victims are able to receive a boatload of counseling.

Very few things make me wretch anymore. The planned sexual assaults by the Amish school gunman last year was one. This is another.

8. Yawn

Yawn New Member

Don't poo-poo the remark, pud. Make them be accountable. Excuse these asswipes for us. I want to hear their, ahem, logic.

9. markvid

markvid Guest

Well, you figure there had to be at least one fuckface on this thread.
    Yawn, your commemorative t-shirt is in the mail.

10. Yawn

Yawn New Member

See? Liberals can't admit when they are wrong. There is reason for the death penalty. But to admit it....

11. markvid

markvid Guest

Yawn, you are so off base here, it's unreal.
    You are being your usual idiot.

12. wickedwritah

wickedwritah Guest

Mark's a liberal? News to me.

Draft saved Draft deleted