1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Castle

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Killick, Mar 9, 2009.

1. Killick

Killick Well-Known Member

Anyone scope this tonight? I had it on while doing some work at the computer, and less and less work got done. This is pretty damned good -- has a real Moonlighting kind of back-and-forth between the two main characters. Dude's just cheeky enough to be entertaining yet not annoying, and the female lead is SMOKIN'.

The topper for me: Male lead is an author, and apparently there will be cameos from other writers in his genre from time to time. Tonight it was James Patterson (the Alex Cross books), Stephen J. Cannell.. they were his poker buddies.

I think I just got another appointment TV entry.

2. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

I Tivoed it, and watched it at work as I could. I just saw him as a scamp, but didn't really keep up with the chemistry or why he was back at the end.

i have a huge crush on Nathan Fillion, though, so I'm in.

3. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

I didn't see it -- hell, didn't even realize it was on -- but from the commercials they ran every other break on Lost, I think I have a new TV crush. Stana Katic is yummy.

4. Killick

Killick Well-Known Member

Oh, yes, she is. Very.

IJAG -- What else has the guy been in? He was a new face to me.

5. imjustagirl

I'd only seen him in Waitress, with Keri Russell. He was the doctor. I loved him then.

6. ArnoldBabar

ArnoldBabar Active Member

Rent the entire "Firefly" series immediately. I know I struggle with knowing your tastes, but I feel pretty confident about that recommendation.

Castle hasn't aired here yet, but I hope it's good. Fillion should be a huge movie star.

7. imjustagirl

Arnold: I hated the one ep of Buffy I saw. It's nothing like that, right?

8. I've hated having to sit through all the promos for this series during Lost.

This looks stupid and insufferable.

9. ArnoldBabar

Nope, not a bit, actually. I really think you'd like it. And there are only like 12 episodes.

10. imjustagirl

Hmmm...then maybe. :D

11. ArnoldBabar

YOU look stupid and insufferable! Ooh, smack!

I mean, uh, sorry.

12. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

The female lead is no Sprague Grayden (Olivia on 24), but she'll do. Kind of like a mash-up of Dirty Sexy Money and Women's Murder Club in tone, ABC tends to enjoy characters who are a bit broad.

Draft saved Draft deleted