1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

"Castle" 10/19

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Killick, Oct 19, 2009.

1. Killick

Killick Well-Known Member

Floating this balloon, since I think there are a number of fans of the show on the board.

Tonight's ep was decent, but not one their best. My revelation of the night, tho, came after the previews for next week. Apparently, they've actually published the Nikki Heat book as a companion for the show? Really? That's so neat! Doubt that I'll pick it up, but I love the idea of that kind of cross-media stuff.

Other than that, I have only one thought: Stana Kadic in that skin-tight blue dress at the book party? Wow. :eek:

2. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

The episode seemed to lack the sparks of previous episodes, though it does appear they will go forward with a "will they or won't they" storyline. Gee, I've never seen that before. The other show I watch on Monday, Lie To Me, looks like they will end up doing the same thing. I wish writers had a little more imagination.

3. They had the same promo on after the previous episode as well. I thought it was a pretty cool idea myself. Apparently, the show and book were tied at the hip from the beginning. Not a bad idea.

4. Killick

I just wonder who wrote it. They've had Michael Connelly (author of "The Poet") and the guy who wrote the Alex Cross books (Patterson?) as guest stars, but I would think if they had written it, it would sell much better with their names attached. I did look up an article on EW.com last night tho, and the producers were very much playing up that the author is really "Rick Castle." Probably some staff writer, I guess...

5. MN Matt

MN Matt Member

I picked it up last week. It is very much pushed as a "Rick Castle" book complete with a blurb from his 'friend' Patterson on the front and a picture of Nathan Fillion on the back.

6. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

If you like Stana Katic (sp?) don't ever watch her on any of the talk shows. It's pretty clear that her character is about 10,000 times smarter than she is in real life.

Love the show.

7. Killick

Yeah, only time I've seen her was on Ferguson's show, and I was underwhelmed. I'd hoped it was just one bad outing. Oh, well. Still nice to ogle.

8. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

I saw her on Kimmel and she dressed like a skank and was dumb as a stump.

9. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Don't know what I appreciated more about the latest (Halloween themed) episode that it was titled "Vampire Weekend" or that the opening shot has Nathan Fillion trying on his costume of a "space cowboy," and his daughter asking - weren't you that about five year ago? I never watched Firefly, but I appreciate these kind of easter eggs.

Draft saved Draft deleted