1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Cast changes on L&O

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Inky_Wretch, Feb 21, 2008.

1. lantaur

lantaur Well-Known Member

They do show these, but usually at like 4 a.m.

2. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

I can never seem to find the reruns. Are they on cable?

3. HejiraHenry

HejiraHenry Well-Known Member

It's because those are in black and white.

4. Hank_Scorpio

Hank_Scorpio Active Member

Yea and those really old ones with Moriarty were played a ton when L&O was on A&E years ago.

It's hard enough trying to get some of the Adam Schiff episodes on TNT, let alone Moriarty and Robinette.

Anyone know what's up with the DVD seasons? They got like the first four seasons, then skipped ahead and released Season 14, but there's been nothing in the last two years or so.

5. Moriarty was my favorite, too. I always believed his relationship with Robinette and their discussions about whether Robinette wanted to be a black lawyer or a lawyer who is black.

Speaking of, Robinette's appearance years later as a defense attorney - quoting that same speech - was a cool moment in that show.

6. MMatt60

MMatt60 Member

That "Old Spice" line about L. Briscoe is pretty darn good.

7. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Thinking about Law & Order this week, did they ever show any ACTUAL violence? I remember Logan punching a Councilman that ended Noth's run on the show and perhaps some gunshots heard off screen, but other than Sorvino's character getting shot by Old Man Salamanca in the second season...

8. rtse11

rtse11 Well-Known Member

A guy who McCoy put away for killing his wife did a for hire scheme from prison, then got a new trial and won. They confronted each other on the steps of the courthouse and the guy tells McCoy, "You should have been at the top of the list!" right before he gets shot by his son.
    S16, E9

Chef2 likes this.
  9. swingline

swingline Well-Known Member

I think that same guy played the councilman Noth punched.

Whether it was him or not, a lot of actors played different characters across the L&O franchise (although I stopped watching SVU a long, long time ago).

10. wicked

wicked Well-Known Member

Orbach was on as a defense attorney before he played Briscoe.

S. Epatha Merkerson had a cameo before she played Van Buren.

I’m an old fart but to me, the show hasn’t been the same since Orbach died. He was a believable New York City cop.

Martin never struck me as legit, although his new series seems interesting. Haven’t seen it yet.

Never thought SVU would have the legs it’s had. Mariska Hargitay is still on my free five many years later.

HanSenSE likes this.
  11. Matt1735

Matt1735 Well-Known Member

Claire kenkade's death in the drunk driving accident.

2muchcoffeeman and HanSenSE like this.
  12. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

Is 14 years and 10 months a record in between updated threads?

Draft saved Draft deleted