1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Cast changes on L&O

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Inky_Wretch, Feb 21, 2008.

1. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Jesse L. Martin is out ...

http://www.ew.com/ew/article/0,,20179207,00.html

2. Wow.
    I'm bummed.
    I think the mothership really has been revived. Even the production values seem fresher. Sisto and Martin work well together.

3. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

I like the new ADA. He reminds me of a young Jack McCoy. I'd guess that's exactly what the writers and producers are trying to do.

4. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

It's becoming ER without the absurd disasters and the random couplings.

5. wickedwritah

wickedwritah Guest

Never was a big Martin fan. Nine years? Didn't realize he was on the show that long.

6. He won me in that episode about the little-girl serial killer when he bonded with her friend and got the other girl to confess. Also watching the relationship between him and Briscoe develop was a nice arc. He was Lennie's last partner, after all.

7. wickedwritah

wickedwritah Guest

I must admit, I didn't give him that much of a chance. He seemed to be a lightweight compared to Curtis and Logan.

8. I thought he was a monster compared to Curtis, to whom I was never more than lukewarm.

9. Anthony Anderson (of K-Ville) to replace him.

I'm not thrilled, but my "The Shield" friends said he is a good dramatic actor.

I've seen one new episode of the L&O. I'm pretty content watching the reruns.

10. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

I like Jesse Martin. He grew into the role.. I remember when he started and calle BRiscoe "Old Spice"...
    Wish they would have recalled Michael Imperioli tho

11. mpcincal

mpcincal Well-Known Member

Anderson did an extended guest shot on "SVU" as the guy who filled in for Benson as Stabler's partner. I wonder if he'll come back as the same character.

12. EStreetJoe

EStreetJoe Well-Known Member

He was tremendous in "The Shield" as Antwon Mitchell, a bad-ass drug lord who could also control things from behind bars.

Draft saved Draft deleted