1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Cast Away

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by BigSleeper, Aug 3, 2008.

1. BigSleeper

BigSleeper Active Member

I know it's on all the time on TNT, but I watched it today for the first time in a while. Damn fine movie.

2. three_bags_full

three_bags_full Well-Known Member

Re: Castaway

I watched most of it, too. Wonderful movie. I'd like to go to the crossroads near Canadian, Texas, where the final shots were filmed.

3. Re: Castaway

Hanks should have won best actor for this. He's on screen alone for what, two hours?
    He actually made you feel sorry for a volleyball at one point.

4. TwoGloves

TwoGloves Well-Known Member

The scene where he rams the skate into his tooth is painful to watch. In fact, I've never watched it since the first time I saw it. I watched it last night and again today. Good stuff indeed.

5. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Instead of the crossroads where Robert Johnson sold his soul to the devil?

6. BigSleeper

BigSleeper Active Member

Some may think it's sentimental crap, but I was always a sucker for the monologue near the end. Of course, I'm a sucker for the scene when Rudy opens up the envelope and finds out he's getting into Notre Dame.

Anyway ...

7. TwoGloves

TwoGloves Well-Known Member

Not to nitpick, but it's Cast Away.

8. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

I always wondered whether he ever fucked the volleyball.

I mean, you're all alone, wouldn't you get volley-curious? Even if its to just finish on Wilson's grill?

I bet he did.

9. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

I didn't see a hole in Wilson.

10. OnTheRiver

OnTheRiver Active Member

So... say the end of the movie was 3 minutes later. You think he went back for lil' Miss Artist?

11. JakeandElwood

JakeandElwood Well-Known Member

I liked it. It's a rare actor who can make a movie where it's just him and a volleyball for most of it work.

12. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

I'm not saying it was full-on penetration, how could it be? I'm just saying that he used Wilson to pleasure himself. Who knows? Maybe you can deflate a volleyball in a certain way to get your rocks off. Air rushing out of the blowhole, weird contours and shapes, the texture, all alone on a desert island, I wouldn't rule out doing the nasty with a volleyball for anyone, not even Tom Hanks. I wasn't there, I don't know.

I also know that probably clinically qualifies as masturbation, and that would usually be right. But since Wilson became an entity and a personality all its own to Tom Hanks, he probably thought he was fucking Wilson. So its like who's reality is really reality, here?

We'll never know, but oh yeah, I think he fucked the hell out that volleyball all right.

Draft saved Draft deleted