1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Cassel traded to Chiefs

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Mizzougrad96, Feb 28, 2009.

1. Diabeetus

Diabeetus Active Member

I just hope Curry is still there.

2. HandsomeHarley

HandsomeHarley Well-Known Member

Not to mention the Chiefs still have a still-talented albeit pain-in-the-ass running back that can be traded for draft picks.

3. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

He wasn't saying that the public doesn't care about Matt Cassel moving. He meant that the public doesn't care that Adam Schefter found out first.

These aren't really "gets" anyone cares about. Schefter is on top of his job, but by the time most people would have found out anyhow, the fact that Schefter was first by a little bit is of relatively little consequence. A real "get" is "Alex Rodriguez testing positive in 2003," or something similar, which no one was going to know without a reporter finding it.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 1, 2015
  4. Diabeetus

Diabeetus Active Member

I'd be happy getting anything for him.

5. Diabeetus

Diabeetus Active Member

Also, shouldn't Schefter be expected to get it first since he works for the league?

6. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

I don't think it's collusion, but I just think there must be something more the Pats are getting, a 2010 pick or something. The Chiefs are picking up A LOT of money on their end, since Cassel will get a new deal and Vrabel's getting a couple million. Stands to reason some means of sending money back, or at least away, has to be part of the KC equation.

7. pseudo

pseudo Well-Known Member

I know exactly what he meant, and I'm saying he's wrong.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 1, 2015
  8. podunk press

podunk press Active Member

Patriots win here -- assuming Brady can return and be 85 percent of the QB he was before.

Vrabel is old and slow. His best days are behind him.

I had Cassel and Tyler Thigpen as my fantasy QBs after Brady blew his knee out. Got to watch them both a lot. Thigpen might actually be the better option with more upside.

9. pseudo

pseudo Well-Known Member

Belichick comments on Vrabel, Cassel

10. Simon_Cowbell

Simon_Cowbell Active Member

Quarterbacks who haven't done shit go for second-rounders... not a guy of Cassel's accomplishment.

11. derwood

derwood Active Member

15m cap hit lowered his trade value.

12. pseudo

pseudo Well-Known Member

Texans gave up a ton for Matt Schaub after two NFL starts -- two second-rounders and a swap of the No. 8 and 10 picks, as I recall. Cassel is worth half of that, AND they're throwing in Vrabel?

Wow.

Draft saved Draft deleted