1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Casper Star-Tribune (Casper, Wyo.)

Discussion in 'Journalism Jobs' started by philly fanatic, Apr 5, 2007.

1. azom

azom Member

Technically, we have a capital bureau in Cheyenne, two reporters. We also have correspondents spread throughout the state, full-timers in Green River and (I think) Jackson, along with some PT correspondents throughout the state.

Otherwise, the sports guys do a lot of driving. Shirley Basin should set up a Starbucks, or at least a Mini Mart, for all the driving the sports guys do through there. And yes, of course, we're reimbursed for mileage.

2much has it right, lot of "girls at home, boys on the road" scheduling in 4A, which helps for our two city schools. No high school baseball but softball could be put in by '09. We get a pretty good response from the state's coaches when it comes to calling in their games. If not, they know they have to hear it from me, and I guess at 5-foot-7 and a tad pudgy I'm a pretty intimidating guy. Must be where I work.

The wind is only there to make sure the Nebraskans get back home. ;)

2. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

THAT, is fucking funny.

3. If you like camping/hiking/fishing/anything outside, Casper is a great town.

But if you are in need of regular nightlife, maybe it's not for you.

4. printdust

printdust New Member

I'm sure there's some good journalists in hell - which can also house dysfunctional corporate management structures that make putting out anything of quality an accomplishment in itself.

5. m2spts

m2spts Member

It's like that old Coasters song...
    "Why's everybody pickin on me...???"

6. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

Not true.

Utah blows, Nebraska sucks. ;D

7. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

obviously you've never seen the casper paper.

8. mannheimadler

mannheimadler Member

I've got a friend who worked there who loved it so much he named his dog Casper.

9. Mira

Mira Member

I was in Laramie a couple weeks ago for the WNIT championship and thought Wyoming was a lovely state.

10. micropolitan guy

micropolitan guy Well-Known Member

After seven hours in the Buckhorn it looks like paradise, I'll give you that.

The Snowies are beautiful. From Wolcott Junction west to Little America, not so much.

11. Mitch21

Mitch21 Member

whats going on with this one...it was a pretty hot topic for a while.

12. jakewriter82

jakewriter82 Active Member

Sounds like the salary is pretty set on this one.....not sure what's happening yet though...

Draft saved Draft deleted